AO Administrative Assistant
Elbowoods Memorial Health Center New Town, ND
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Officer Assistant/HR Specialist is supervised by the AO with the responsibilities to support Administration and Human Resources activities. This position provides a variety of administrative support in general clerical functions, data input, record keeping, and administration; assist in orientation coordination, and other projects as may be defined from time to time. This position also serves as the main point of contact for HR related paperwork and functions between EMHC staff and MHA Human Resources.
1. Greets and screens incoming callers and/or visitors, and forwards matters (when necessary) to Administrative Officer for resolution.
2. Greets visitors face to face and refer them to appropriate EMHC staff. Acts as the main point of contact for all Human Resources paperwork/questions such as job application status, etc.
3. Assists visitors/clients/applicants directly with routine inquiries.
4. Collects, sorts, and distributes incoming mail to the appropriate staff.
5. Creates spreadsheets for dissemination to Administration staff on special projects.
6. Maintains job announcements, job descriptions, and any other Human Resources paperwork for EMHC
7. Will serve as the main point of contact between HR and EMHC.
8. Files employee documents on a daily basis.
9. Enters new hire information in the TimeTrak employee database system and maintains the staffing pattern for EMHC.
10. Ensures official documents are kept confidential.
11. Communicates all necessary information or correspondence to appropriate Administrative team member and/or Department Head.
12. Preparation and distribution of employee orientation packets as necessary, and in the instance of the absence of the AO, this position will present all Administrative information on behalf of the AO.
13. Frequent handling of confidential information and materials.
14. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
15. Keeps management appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
16. Coordinates with related departments as required. Answers questions and provides assistance.
17. Preparation of timesheets for Administration employees (and others if necessary) in accordance to the deadline set by MHA Payroll.
18. Coordinate and execute the pre-authorizations for travel plans and arrangements for the Administrative Officer and supervising staff, or when directed by AO and/or CEO.
19. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of employee files.
20. Is the primary person responsible for the creation and routing of HR related paperwork for EMHC staff.
21. Prepares purchase requisitions, purchase orders, invoices and obtains signature approvals for EMHC expenditures.
22. Type’s memos and letters as requested.
23. Stays well informed regarding EMHC health care system developments.
24. Performs miscellaneous clerical functions and special projects as assigned.
25. Must be a team player and assist other Administration/EMHC staff when necessary.
26. Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned any individual employee are at the discretion of the appointing authority.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
· High School Diploma/GED, REQUIRED.
· Possesses a college degree or several years of HR related or Administrative Assistant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a business/management field, PREFERRED.
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) necessary, REQUIRED.
· Attention to detail and accuracy, REQUIRED.
· Computer literate, REQUIRED.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (spreadsheet, presentation, word processing, email, accounting and database software), REQUIRED.
· Ability to multitask and prioritize, REQUIRED.
· Ability to occasionally lift or carry objects up to 50 pounds.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, and general administration
· Operate standard office equipment, REQUIRED
· Possess a valid driver’s license. REQUIRED
· Familiarity with American Indian culture, values, and traditions.
· Must submit to clear Criminal Records Background Check.
· Must submit to an Alcohol/Drug Screen and random testing as per policy.
· Indian Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
· Veterans Preference will apply. Must submit documentation with application to qualify for Indian Preference.
Elbowoods Memorial Health Center. Opened in October 2011, this state-of-the-art health care facility has long been promoted by the Three Affiliated Tribes as fulfillment of promises made during the flooding of Garrison Dam in the 1950s.
This full service clinic not only offers preventive and therapeutic health services, but will also add to the growth and strength of the community and enhance the quality of life for the residents of Fort Berthold Reservation.
Elbowoods Memorial Health CenterWhy Work Here?
The Elbowoods Memorial Health Center Team is a dedicated group of medical and administrative professionals.
You can find our application on our tribal website www.mhanation.com/emhc-employment. Complete the application and the Child care/Public Trust form and return to our MHA Nation Human Resource Department. Come join our team!!! Elbowoods Memorial Health Center. Opened in October 2011, this state-of-the-art health care facility has long been promoted by the Three Affiliated Tribes as fulfillment of promises made during the flooding of Garrison Dam in the 1950s. This full service clinic not only offers preventive and therapeutic health services, but will also add to the growth and strength of the community and enhance the quality of life for the residents of Fort Berthold Reservation.
1058 College DriveNew Town, ND