Universal Bankers at U.S. Bank break the mold of what it means to be a banker. Focusing on sales and service, Universal Bankers open accounts, handle teller transactions, inform customers of other products and services that meet their needs, and solve customer questions and concerns with warmth and a collaborative spirit. Universal Bankers build relationships with customers based on trust, recommending financial solutions based on each customer's unique goals and needs. This includes actively developing new business and expanding existing customer relationships through activities such as outside sales, workplace banking, tabling events, visiting local businesses, apartment complexes, consumer loan originating, and closing and new account opening. At In-Store locations, Universal Bankers perform public address announcements and in-aisle marketing. At On-Site locations, Universal Bankers perform outside and/or campus marketing and sales activities to include walking around campus distributing flyers, and talking to students and faculty about U.S. Bank's products and services.
At U.S. Bank, you'll get the support and tools you need to meet your goals and build a meaningful career. We reward top performance and ethical team players. Eligibility for incentives is based on sales referrals, branch growth and/or customer satisfaction. Universal Bankers have flexible schedules that may include weekends (depending on branch location).
We're looking for people who want more than just a job - who want to make a difference in the communities where we live and work. Apply today and explore what's possible with a career at U.S. Bank.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Regulation Z. You will be subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background and credit check. Failure to meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record, may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three to four years of customer service experience
- Three to four years of sales experience
- Thorough knowledge of retail product philosophy, policy, procedures, documentation and systems
- Thorough knowledge of all retail products and services
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective selling and referral skills
- Strong mathematical, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred