Member Services Advocate
Elap Services Seattle, WA
- Posted: over a month ago
Formal Title: Member Services Advocate
Department: Member Services
Job Location: Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hours: Regular business hours
Why is this role critical? The Member Services Advocate provides specialized case management, advocacy, and education to our members. Elevating the member experience is a key differentiator for ELAP.
A Day in the Life: As a Member Services Advocate, you guide and support members through the balance billing defense process, always providing exceptional customer service with a focus on relationship-building through proactive outreach. You manage an assigned member caseload with a focus on elevating the member experience and promoting engagement. Your empathetic nature is essential as you are the first point of contact for member inquiries, issues, and concerns. With confidence and a sense of urgency, you handle and coordinate elevated internal and external member issue resolution. Working closely with Client Services, our legal team, and external stakeholders, you facilitate timely issue resolution and ensure a positive member experience. As the member champion, you provide best-in-class advocacy through comprehensive oversight, proactive outreach, and white-glove service throughout the member journey.
What will help me thrive in this role?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for helping others
- Expertise in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to ensure efficient case management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and internet navigation
- Experience in billing, insurance, healthcare, or legal environments is a plus!
Do you love working with people and have a passion for helping others? Are you interested in the healthcare industry? Do you have exceptional problem resolution skills? Are you a team player who loves to collaborate? Are you able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If so, you may be perfect for this position
Why join us? At ELAP, we're driven by a singular mission: to help companies and their employees take back control of their healthcare with a proven reference-based pricing solution. For more than 12 years, we've helped hundreds of self-funded employers across the US maximize savings and control costs.
With double-digit incremental growth, we are guided by an entrepreneurial approach that rewards innovation and teamwork. We foster the free flow of ideas and value initiative, trust, creativity, and passion - qualities we consider essential to our success. We value our team which is why we offer competitive compensation and benefits, as well as opportunities for growth.
- A generous 100% paid base plan medical insurance program for full-time employees, that helps you and your family stay healthy and safe
- An exceptional 401(k) plan, in which the company contributes after 6 months of employment and you are vested 100% immediately
- A fantastic paid time off (PTO) plan which includes floating holidays and a flexible work environment
- Other perks include philanthropic and cultural activities, and tuition reimbursement
Our mission at ELAP Services is based on a revolutionary idea to make healthcare fair for ALL. The same mission that drives our business translates to our hiring practices and defines Who We Are. We are committed to providing equal opportunities and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex, gender, gender identity, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, health status, veteran status, and all other legally protected characteristics.