Elaine Ellis Center of Health (EECH)has an opening for a specialized nurse practitioner. Candidates to be seriously considered for this position must 1) possess a District of Columbia and a Maryland Nurse Practitioner license and DEA, 2) be able to diagnose and treat family medicine patients as well as provide behavioral health counseling; and 3) possess the SAMHSA waiver to prescribe medication assisted treatment. Candidates will find that EECH offers a very competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
· Adhere to approved practice standards and protocols from the DC/MD Board of Nursing.
· Obtain accurate and appropriate health history and perform physical and behavioral health assessments.
· Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients.
· Monitor patients’ condition and progress and re-evaluate treatments as needed.
· Prescribe or administer therapy, medication and other specialized care to treat physical and behavioral health illnesses and substance abuse disorders in accordance with professional practice guidelines.
· Analyze and evaluate patient data, test results or examination findings to diagnose the nature and extent of physical, mental, behavioral and/or substance abuse disorders.
· Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition and substance abuse disorder.
· Formulate individualized care plans using a variety of treatments.
· Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
· Maintain a therapeutic relationship with patients to achieve desired goals.
· Record and maintain patient information accurately and timely.
· Provide education to patients and community members.
· Refer patients to other providers and specialists as appropriate.
· Consult with and provide consulting services to other providers.
· Support patients, families and caregivers in self management, self efficacy and behavior change.
· Participate in provider meetings and other Center meetings as needed.
· Adhere to the Uniform Data System (UDS) productivity standards.
· Participate in outreach and offsite programs as assigned.
· Attend and participate in teaching and general staff conferences.
· Actively participate in team training for patient centered care coordination.
· Continually update education, therapeutic techniques and methodology; apply new knowledge to your position.
· Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.