Distribution Center Custodial team maintains and protect our facility including but not limited to the external and internal appearance of a building. Each Custodian is assigned an area/dept. to maintain during their assigned work shift. It is important for the DC custodian to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying of the premises, as well as reporting vandalism or safety issues. The DC custodian responds to calls of spills, trash and other urgent cleaning tasks as needed as is an important part of meeting regulatory compliance
· Maintain cart of cleaning supplies ready and filled for daily cleaning tasks of assigned department
· Assure brooms, mops and other needed tools are in good working condition
· Remove all trash from floor including plastic, cardboard and wood
· Empty office size and larger trash bins
· Manual pallet jack use
· Sweep all floor surfaces using appropriate brooms
· Mop up spills and mop to maintain clean walking surfaces
· Use sweeper machine to clean floors and clean machine after use
· Restroom assignments include wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and restock disposables (e.g. soap) wipe mirrors and windows, mop restroom floors
· Exterior building assignments include use of varied cleaning tools such as water hose, leaf blower, rake, pressure washer
· Assist with set up and clean-up of activities such as DC celebrations, events and holiday parties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three to six months relevant experience
- Must be flexible regarding work schedules
- Able to multitask
- Good physical condition and strength
- Basic communication skills – able to communicate verbally
- Attendance at work and punctuality is an essential function of this position
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness in performing duties
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Conditions vary from normal office conditions to all areas inside and outside of warehouse. Exposure to extreme temperature fluctuations. The job on occasions requires working nights and weekends as well as some holidays. Requires an eye for detail and ability to organize.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit & talk or hear/listen. The employee frequently is required to use hands and finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms below, at and above waist level. The employee is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. All qualified applicants must have the ability to bend, stoop, stand, kneel and lift up to 40 lbs as needed throughout the day and be able to wear the necessary Person Protective Equipment when in need.