SUN Activity Leader - Clear Creek Middle School
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
El Programa Hispano Católico (EPHC) is seeking a Part-Time SUN Activity Leader at Clear Creek Middle School (Mon-Thurs 3:15 PM to 5:45 PM). SUN Community Schools of Multnomah County are social service, neighborhood hubs that connect students and families to local resources to support them in achieving self-sufficiency in academia and in life. El Programa Hispano Catolico, the lead agency of 7 SUN Community Schools in the wider SUN Service System, specializes in serving students and families in the Latin@ community. This part-time position supports the operation of Clear Creek SUN Community School by assisting with Extended Day programming (teaching after-school classes and activities for students) and providing general support to the SUN Community School.
El Programa Hispano Católico (EPHC) is a culturally specific organization providing an interrelated range of services and programs to advance racial equity and social justice through the power of our Latinx culture, community and self-determination. EPHC's vision is a thriving Latinx Community living to our fullest potential.
To learn more about our amazing Organization visit our website at: https://www.elprograma.org/
EPHC's culture is built on a foundation of teamwork to advance racial equity and social justice through the power of our Latinx roots, culture, and community
- Ability to develop and lead lessons for academic and enrichment classes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff, families and students.
- Ability to effectively organize work and follow both written and oral direction.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Cultivate a safe and welcoming environment.
- Familiarity of office equipment including personal computer, copier, phone, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Able to work well with a diverse group of individuals.
- Interest in working with youth, arts & crafts, outdoor activities, sports and/or games.
- Good judgment and attention to detail.
- Service oriented-actively looking for ways to help people.
- Bilingual in one or more of the following: Spanish, Russian, Somali, Burmese or Vietnamese.
- Willingness to learn.
- Develop and maintain relationships with student participants in the SUN Extended Day.
- Plan academic and enrichment activities/classes for middle school students.
- Lead activities/classes including craft, art, jewelry, soccer and basketball for middle school students.
- Other duties, as assigned by the SUN Site Manager.
COMPENSATION: $17.00 an hour.
By nature of our service to k-12 school districts, this position is subject to the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) mandate requiring all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or qualification for a medical or religious exemption. By applying for this position, you represent you meet these job requirements. Failure to do so will disqualify you from employment.
TO APPLY: Please submit your cover letter and resume at: https://ElPrograma.applicantpro.com
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
El Programa Hispano Católico
EducationView all jobs at El Programa Hispano Católico