Food and Beverage Service Manager
Reports to: Clubhouse Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Education and/or Experience Preferred
· Four-year college or university degree in Hospitality Management or Culinary Arts.
· 2 years of progressive leadership experience within the food and beverage industry required.
· 1-2 years’ experience of personnel management, preferably in a Private Club, Hotel or Restaurant.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- The creation and implementation of standard operating procedures
- Basic accounting and budgetary analysis
- Menu design and implementation
- The creation of basic sales, marketing and promotional strategies
- Wine, spirits, beer and bar operations
- Programming of a Point of Sale system and proper training of staff
- The ability to read and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEOs)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Polished, professional appearance and presentation.
- Able to effectively manage a workload and prioritize tasks based on urgency and importance
- Build, train and retain a team of up to 40 individuals
- Effectively communicate through all department levels and the Club
- Experience in resolving customer issues/complaints in timely and consistent manner
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and serve members in a friendly and courteous manner
- Knowledge of proper food preparation, storage and sanitation
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to effectively build and foster a team environment
- Ability to determine signs of intoxication.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role in an emergency.
- Regular, timely and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
The Food and Beverage Service Manager will help to oversee the day-to-day activities of all the dining areas within the Club including the Mixed Grille, Lounge, Men’s Card Room and Tee House as well as any private events. The Food and Beverage Service Manager will always ensure appropriate staffing levels, while controlling labor costs.
Job Tasks/Duties Regularly Performed
- Acts as the Manager on Duty
- Assist the Clubhouse Manager with the management of all food and beverage outlets including, Beverage Carts, Tee House, Bar/Lounge areas, Mixed Grill, Catering and Banquet facilities by ensuring that product quality and service standards are met
- Responsible for proper cash and charge procedures, guest check analysis, tip reports and ticket controls
- Create daily financial recaps
- Assists in recruitment, training, supervision and termination of food and beverage staff
- Assures the effective orientation and training of new staff
- Assists in creating professional development activities for experienced staff
- Assures that all applicable Club policies and procedures are followed by both members and staff
- Assists in cost control of all food and beverage outlets by managing inventory, supplies and equipment
- Assist in the forecasting of product and personnel levels
- Responsible for effectively utilizing labor laws
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking inventory of all F&B supplies and creating shortage controls
- Responsible for tracking expenses including payroll, supplies and maintenance and generating monthly inventory, cost of sales and other reports as requested by management
- Assist in maximizing revenue in food and beverage outlets by identifying and targeting sales opportunities through marketing including promotions and special events
- Maintain customer satisfaction and employee productivity by handling customer inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from customers and co-workers in order to ensure satisfaction and/or implement service improvement ideas; developing new concepts to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Ensures that all new employees receive the appropriate safety instructions and training; establishes and enforces all safety policies and procedures including OSHA regulations and ensures that appropriate proof of training is documented to the employees’ personnel files.
- Monitors appearance, upkeep and cleanliness of all food and beverage equipment and facilities
- Monitors employee dress codes according to policies and procedures
- Maintains records of special events, house counts, food covers and daily business volumes
- Ensures that an accurate reservation system is in place
- Implement and monitor sanitation and cleaning schedules
- May be required to fill in as bartender, server, host, etc.
- Remain aware of all course events, large parties and reservations
- Maintain knowledge of local competition and industry trends
- Abide by and ensure proper execution of all ENCC standard operating procedures
- Completes other appropriate assignments from the Clubhouse Manager
Licenses and Special Requirements
· Serve Safe certification.
· Alcoholic beverage certification.
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch
and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
· Continuous repetitive motions.
· Work in hot, humid and noisy environment.
· Organizing and coordinating schedules.
· Analyzing and interpreting data.
· Problem solving.
· Communicating with the public.
· Creating written communication.
The Club is committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees. The Club will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disability or known medical condition of an applicant or employee, consistent with its legal obligations. The Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with any disabled applicant or employee to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodation. Applicants and employees are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek to occupy by contacting the General Manager at (949) 496-5767.