El Atlakat in Miami, FL is looking for one cook to join our 35 person strong team. We are located on 9425 Sw 40 St. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated, and hard-working.
- Set up workstations
- Cook dishes to business standards
- Follow health and safety guidelines
- Prepare ingredients for use during shift
- Proven working experience as a cook
- Familiarity with kitchen equipment and utensils
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively
We are looking forward to reading your application.
- Inspects and clean food preparation areas or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensures food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Ensures freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and seeds fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carves and trims meats for hot or cold service.
- Consults with supervisory staff to plan menus, taking into consideration factors such as costs and special event needs.
- Coordinates and supervises work of kitchen staff.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: A few months to one year of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
Must have open schedule availability. We work with shifts, must be available when called in.
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $10.50 - $12.00/hour.
About El Atlakat: Welcome to The Atlakat Restaurant. A pleasant place specializing in Salvadoran food, where the customer can enjoy their excellent gastronomy. Learn more about us at www.elatlakat.com .
By applying to this job, you agree to receive a text message with a link to your profile as well as a text message when an employer has responded to your application.