Office Administrator and Board/Shareholder Liaison
Eklutna Inc. Eagle River, AK
- Expired: May 09, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Office Administrator and Board/Shareholder Liaison
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The role of this position is to work closely with the CEO in regard to core administrative operations, general office procedures, and Board/Shareholder relation matters, as a full-time non-exempt position. This position will be responsible for the front office area and is the first point of contact for all Shareholders, visitors and guests. There will also be administrative organizational responsibilities under the CEO's direction preparing for and coordinating Board meetings and Board activities.
As the lead providing administrative support and office organization for Eklutna, Inc., this position works closely with our subsidiary administrative teams. On occasion, cross-training and providing administrative support to other divisions may be required.
Essential Office Administrator Job Responsibilities
- Support CEO in the administration of all corporate activities, more specifically, office organization, records maintenance, reception management, meeting scheduling, supply/equipment procurement, and general office duties. Working directly with the CEO, log, track, and document company contracts, and provide vendor relations as assigned.
- Review corporate communications to capture voice and content of the CEO and Board.
- Working directly with the Accounting Department to provide assistance and coordination of annual insurance coverage renewals.
- Responsible for internal control of administrative documents, administrative files, and administrative renewal filings such as filing State biennial reports, business license renewals, census reports, etc. as required.
- Communicate with our third party Information Technology vendor concerning our IT security, systems, databases, and hardware.
- Under direction of CEO, assist with drafting correspondence and communications for the Corporation; including but not limited to preparation of a variety of supportive documentation such as corporate communications and other materials for board and committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to:
- Seeks and maintains training/educational plans for self and staff.
- Operates with the highest level of confidentiality in matters related to supporting the CEO, Board and Shareholders.
- Responsible for all administrative functions in support of the office, including filing, copying, faxing, binding, etc.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, reports, documents, records and forms as requested and needed.
- Provides research on various topics and projects as needed; carries out special assignments and projects.
- Reviews corporate website on regular basis for functionality, current information, and general maintenance.
Essential Board and Shareholder Liaison Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of board packets, organization of board meetings and assisting the CEO in drafting meeting agendas; this includes organizing staff reports, prioritizing action items, preparing Board meeting minutes, drafting and finalizing motions and resolutions.
- As approved by the Board and under the direction of the CEO, oversee and work directly with the Election Judge and Inspector of Elections for the annual Board election processes.
- Under the direction of the CEO, organize and direct staff assignments for the Shareholder Information and Annual Meetings.
- Working with the CEO and Board of Directors, recommend and draft policy and procedure updates and improvements as necessary.
- Interpret and implement policies and processes as established in Eklutna's Shareholder Relations Manual.
- Coordinate with the CEO concerning all communication with shareholders.
- Manage and update Shareholder Database in Access and Excel document. Communicate all changes and update of information to Accounting. Provide shareholder information to Inspector of Elections during Annual Election process.
- Maintain the organization, integrity, and confidentiality of each Shareholder's file.
- Process and research of Eklutna, Inc. stock estates including working closely with corporate attorney while keeping within policy and processes outlined in the Shareholder Relations Manual.
- Coordinating with CEO, perform audits and maintain inventory of the contents of the corporate safety deposit box.
- Administers, reviews and finalizes stock certificates.
- Work directly and contribute to information, as needed, with the Shareholder Relations Departments of other Native Corporations.
- Lead the coordination of the management team to write articles for newsletter and design final product for review by CEO. Produce and edit the Shareholder newsletter.
- Schedule and assist the Scholarship and Cemetery Committee meetings, including recording meetings, and drafting minutes/motions.
- BA/BS degree preferred, or five years of combined post-secondary education, training and work experience may be substituted.
- Knowledge and experience working with Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act, office administration and working with Board of Directors is beneficial.
- Notary Public in and for the State of Alaska, or attain one within three months.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter and team player in a fast-paced corporate-governed environment.
- Skilled in interacting and participating to create a productive team. An analytical problem solver able to anticipate issues and create new systems that streamline operations, resolve concerns and improve efficiency.
- Must have a professional working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and type more than 40 words per minute.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
- Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Customer Service Manages difficult or emotional customer/client/shareholder situations; responds promptly to customer/client/shareholder needs; solicits customer/client/shareholder feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Team Work Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Problem Solving
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Cost Consciousness
AddressEagle River, AK
BusinessView all jobs at Eklutna Inc.