Located in Southern California, Eisenhower Health is a not-for-profit hospital seeking a Medical Assistant. Please visit https://careers.eisenhowerhealth.org/careers to learn more information and apply.
The Medical Assistant must meet the following qualifications:
- Preferred: College courses.
- Required: Medical Assistant Course Completion if hired after November 3, 2019, American Heart Association BLS
- Preferred: Medical Assistant Certificate
- Preferred: Previous office practice experience
Medical Assistant's Essential Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Prepares patient charts timely and accurately.
- Gathers reports to complete chart.
- Places order for films, labs and other studies as appropriate, timely and accurately.
- Prints daily office schedules
- Answers all patient questions and requests timely and appropriately.
- Files reports and notes in the charts.
- Faxes and copies necessary information to insurance companies, other physician offices and other facilities as necessary.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of all forms filled and signed by patients
- Confirms patient appointments timely
- Processes billing information accurately and timely
- Answers phones, retrieves voicemail messages and returns calls timely and appropriately.
- Maximizes use of free time between patients and other task to clean and stock rooms copying documents, and filing.
- Obtains medical history (vital signs) and assists physicians so that appropriate preparation, examination and diagnostic testing occur without error and without delay.
- Processes patient referrals to other physician offices.
- Completes the medication log.
- Ensures patient information is correctly entered in the database.
- Assists with the release of patient records and films to patients.
- Assists physicians as needed.
- Obtains physician signatures on appropriate documents.
- Assists with collection of patient payments.
- Collaborates with the scheduling of new patients.
- Schedules follow-up patient visits.
- Assists with internal billing audits as necessary.
- Assists with medical and office supplies ordering.
- Perform scribe duties if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Eisenhower is proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package and matched retirement plan
- Health and wellness programs
About Eisenhower Health:
Near Palm Springs, California, our vibrant community offers an enviable lifestyle including affordable housing, minimal traffic, world-class dining and shopping, and year round recreational activities. Additionally, Eisenhower Health is less than two hours away from sandy beaches and mountain resorts.
At Eisenhower Health, we offer a progressive environment with an emphasis on individual growth and advanced medical practices seldom seen in other hospitals. As a not-for-profit and comprehensive health care institution, we are honored to be recognized as one of the top-ranking hospitals in California. For 2017-2018, U.S. News and World Report has ranked us as the #1 performing hospital in the Riverside Metro area and #16 in California, placing us in the top six percentile of hospitals in the state. In addition, we were within the 20 percent of hospitals nationwide to receive five star stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in its Overall Hospital Quality and Star Rating (#2017-2018).
Located on 130 acres in Rancho Mirage, we offer our community a 517-bed acute care hospital with telemetry, critical care and medical/surgical floors. We also have a multitude of specialty centers on our campus including The Betty Ford Center, The Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center, The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences and The Lucy Curci Cancer Center.
Eisenhower Health has recently been granted Magnet recognition by the ANCC for its nursing excellence, which makes us the first and only hospital in the Inland Empire to achieve this prestigious Magnet distinction. For the fifth consecutive year, Eisenhower Health has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation (2017), a testament to our commitment to provide equitable care.
In 2017-2018, U.S. News recognized Eisenhower Health as one of the High Performing Hospitals in these specific areas: Geriatrics, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Aortic Valve Surgery, Chronic Obstructive, Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Lung Cancer Surgery. Eisenhower Health is the only hospital in Riverside and San Bernardino counties to be named one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health for 2016 & 2017.
Eisenhower Health has had a great deal of growth in our Clinic Divisions throughout the Coachella Valley. We also cultivate an environment that fosters outstanding levels of employee engagement and was one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive the Workplace of the Year Award from The Advisory Board Company (2016-2017).
Come JOIN our TEAM! To apply for a position now please visit careers.eisenhowerhealth.org.