Located in Southern California, Eisenhower Health is a not-for-profit hospital seeking a CT Technologist. Please visit https://careers.eisenhowerhealth.org/jobs/ct-tech-radiology-ct-scan-2/ to learn more information and apply.
The CT Technologist must meet the following qualifications:
- Required: Cert/Grad Accredited Radiology School
- Required: ARRT (R), CRT, American Heart Association BLS, Fluoro (after six months). ARRT (CT) required as of January 1, 2018.
- Required: 1-2 year Hospital based experience
- Preferred: Prior CT experience
CT Technologist's Essential Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and reports suspected violations.
- Follows ALARA guideline.
- Uses Universal Precautions in all situations per policy and procedure.
- Utilizes proper radiation protection to protect patient and all persons present from excessive radiation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient age-specific needs and provides the care needed.
- Obtains appropriate medical history before patient examination and prepares patient for exam.
- Documents any changes in patient condition using appropriate forms and contacting Radiology RN or appropriate person when necessary.
- Keeps patient informed of exam procedures, any delays, and allows patient to ask questions regarding the procedure.
- Prioritizes stat procedures and organizes patient flow.
- Keeps open communication with Emergency Department Physicians and Staff on patient exams, delays, concerns and care.
- Performs CT procedures of highest technical quality.
- Performs appropriate procedures as ordered. Assists Radiologist who is performing procedure.
- Proficient in use of all CT equipment and reporting all deficiencies to immediate supervisor.
- Proficient in documenting procedure appropriately in PACS and patient chart. Utilizes required forms and billing procedures.
- Prioritizes procedures and utilizes time wisely to complete daily workload within scheduled shift.
- Assists in other areas of the CT department, as needed.
- Flexible in working additional shifts and/or different shifts, as needed.
- Maintains cleanliness of CT rooms and surrounding area.
- Checks supplies and stocks CT rooms, as necessary, reporting any deficiencies.
Eisenhower is proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- A generous benefits package and matched retirement plan
- Health and wellness programs
About Eisenhower Health:
Near Palm Springs, California, our vibrant community offers an enviable lifestyle including affordable housing, minimal traffic, world-class dining and shopping, and year round recreational activities. Additionally, Eisenhower Health is less than two hours away from sandy beaches and mountain resorts.
At Eisenhower Health, we offer a progressive environment with an emphasis on individual growth and advanced medical practices seldom seen in other hospitals. As a not-for-profit and comprehensive health care institution, we are honored to be recognized as one of the top-ranking hospitals in California. For 2017-2018, U.S. News and World Report has ranked us as the #1 performing hospital in the Riverside Metro area and #16 in California, placing us in the top six percentile of hospitals in the state. In addition, we were within the 20 percent of hospitals nationwide to receive five star stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in its Overall Hospital Quality and Star Rating (#2017-2018).
Located on 130 acres in Rancho Mirage, we offer our community a 517-bed acute care hospital with telemetry, critical care and medical/surgical floors. We also have a multitude of specialty centers on our campus including The Betty Ford Center, The Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center, The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences and The Lucy Curci Cancer Center.
Eisenhower Health has recently been granted Magnet recognition by the ANCC for its nursing excellence, which makes us the first and only hospital in the Inland Empire to achieve this prestigious Magnet distinction. For the fifth consecutive year, Eisenhower Health has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation (2017), a testament to our commitment to provide equitable care.
In 2017-2018, U.S. News recognized Eisenhower Health as one of the High Performing Hospitals in these specific areas: Geriatrics, Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair, Aortic Valve Surgery, Chronic Obstructive, Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Colon Cancer Surgery, Heart Bypass Surgery, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Lung Cancer Surgery. Eisenhower Health is the only hospital in Riverside and San Bernardino counties to be named one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by IBM Watson Health for 2016 & 2017.
Eisenhower Health has had a great deal of growth in our Clinic Divisions throughout the Coachella Valley. We also cultivate an environment that fosters outstanding levels of employee engagement and was one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive the Workplace of the Year Award from The Advisory Board Company (2016-2017).
Come JOIN our TEAM! To apply for a position now please visit careers.eisenhowerhealth.org.