Eisenhower Center is an inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation center that has been serving those with TBI’s for over 25 years. We offer specialized programs for people who have experienced spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries. Offerings include substance abuse therapy, treatment for veterans with PTSD, and retired professional athletes in our After the Impact program.
Eisenhower Center is seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to provide dietary services at our residential rehabilitation facility serving adults with acquired brain injury. The candidate must provide individualized nutritional advice and counseling as part of the rehabilitation plan.Eisenhower Center is a leader in the field of brain injury rehabilitation and offers an outstanding professional environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides clinical nutrition services including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training and nutrition intervention to an inpatient and outpatient population.
- Provides counseling, hands-on skill training and education in healthy eating and lifestyle modification for weight loss and management of chronic diseases to clients and staff.
- Translates nutritional science into understandable and practical information for the clients.
- Designs individualized educational handouts, training sessions and programming for clients and staff.
- Consistently develops, revises and individualizes nutrition care plan based on information from the client, medical record and health care team members.
- Complies with all regulatory standards keeping a current registration with the Commission for Dietetic Registration, including federal, state and accrediting agencies and adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and client rights policies.
- Participates in and attends interdisciplinary departmental meetings, professional development and quality improvement programs, as appropriate.
- Assist food service department in carrying out nutrition care plans.
- Monitoring tube feeding programs and designing nutrition care plans.
Eisenhower Center is an EEO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Eisenhower Center’s Human Resources at (734) 677-0070 for assistance.