Vice President, Clinical Research - Head of Oncology
- Posted: over a month ago
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
We are currently seeking an experienced, collaborative, strategic oncology executive to build and realize a future-oriented vision for the oncology portfolio by helping to build and execute the oncology strategy; and ensure that oncology resources are applied in line with strategic priorities. This role will coordinate clinical, regulatory and commercialization strategy, trial design, contribute to trial execution, analysis and reporting, regulatory interaction, and resourcing in collaboration with the CMO, and Heads of Clinical Operations, Business Development, Early Drug Discovery, and Regulatory Affairs.
You are a driven, strategic planner that is passionate about driving development and execution of a 3-to-5-year oncology strategy that enables innovative pipeline impact and delivery of transformative medicines to patients. You have exemplary communication and presentation skills, high-level negotiation skills and the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership to the Oncology Clinical Research function: Build the best team and chart the course. This includes continual optimization of the organizational design and resources, ownership and optimization of key processes, talent and succession management, overall operating budget management and oversight of all clinical study deliverables.
- Provide significant input on clinical plans, trial design, clinical trial execution, medical governance at a therapeutic area level and ensure appropriate and adequate clinical resourcing. In partnership with the CMO, define disease area strategies and priorities, ensure patient focus and robust evidence package to support successful filings, approvals and commercialization and patient access to Eikon medicines. Accountable for the ethical conduct of studies in the Oncology TA.
- Operate as single point of accountability for medical governance at the Oncology Clinical Research level. Ensure adequate clinical oversight of clinical research initiatives and provide a global and objective viewpoint of safety and efficacy by cultivating and sustaining a culture of openness and transparency with patient wellbeing as the key driver in decision-making.
- Lead a team of empowered and motivated clinical development staff, driving a compelling vision and aligning the team to achieve success in developing assets in Oncology.
- Responsible for championing clinical excellence at the therapeutic area level.
- Responsible for overall pipeline and portfolio delivery in Oncology, working extensively with Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Operations and other relevant functions and departments.
- Responsible for drafting and reviewing medical aspects of core study and regulatory documents (i.e., protocols, investigator brochures, INDs, briefing documents, etc.).
- Responsible for assisting with the generation, analysis, and presentation of clinical data, including manuscripts, abstracts, and oral presentations (including authoring documents and slide preparation as appropriate).
- Conduct investigator meetings and participate in site visits with clinical trial investigators when needed.
- In addition to program level activities, may review compounds for potential in-licensing, including performance of due diligence reviews and aid new business development on market opportunity and target product profile.
- Manage and maintain strong, effective relationships with key external stakeholders and partners (i.e., Key Opinion Leaders and investigators, consultants, patient advocacy groups and other external clinical trial participants) to ensure that the primary goals of the clinical development programs are met.
- Responsible for exploring opportunities for simplification, ensuring that the therapeutic area is as effective and as efficient as possible.
- MD with Board Qualification (or equivalent) in Medical Oncology or related Oncology Specialty; MD/PhD preferred.
- Extensive line and matrix management.
- Considerable pharmaceutical industry experience and a track record of accomplishments is required.
- Understands the entirety of R&D across the development/commercial life cycle to allow impact across all functions: discovery, late-stage development, regulatory, manufacturing, and commercial.
- Track record of success working in complex, matrixed, global, and multi-disciplinary organization with high accountability, and multiple lines of reporting.
- Proven ability to strategize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure quality, timely, on-target and within budget accomplishment of tasks.
- Attention to detail while discriminating between critical and non-critical activities, and to follow established processes while identifying areas for process improvement.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Highly developed ethics and integrity, with demonstrated ethical medical decision-making skills.
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $304,000 to $350,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.
AddressNew York, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Eikon Therapeutics
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?