Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Posted: over a month ago
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real-time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
The Senior Financial Analyst of Financial Planning & Analysis will be a key member of Eikon's finance team that drives financial planning processes, supports month-end close, and leads financial reporting. Minimal travel required. Flexible working arrangement: can work remotely, but ideally expect candidate to work in the office 2-3 days a week.
You excel working in a fast-paced growth company. You have financial acumen: technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, problem-solving skills and ability to translate ambiguity to clarity. You are result-oriented and have a continuous improvement approach where you proactively generate and translate ideas to action to drive improvement.
What You’ll Do
- Support leaders across Eikon in decision-making and providing thoughtful financial analysis to maximize long-term value for the business.
- Assist in financial budgeting, forecasting, and long-range planning for functional departments, providing timing and accurate management information.
- Support continuous improvements in our planning and reporting processes and systems to enhance management reporting and business and system processes.
- Contribute to month-end close, including analysis to inform accruals, variance analysis, and timely and accurate management reporting.
- Manage the building of forward-looking predictive financial models and tools supporting our pipeline portfolio.
- Collaborate with the Procurement team to maximize the value return of the company’s vendor spend.
- Partner with Human Resources team on headcount forecasts, compensation analysis and operational efficiency and productivity metrics.
- Meet all corporate finance, product portfolio, and functional support requirements.
- Proactively identify business opportunities and risks and offer solutions for each case.
- 3+ years’ experience in a financial planning and analysis role, ideally with experience in biotech/pharma company.
- Investment banking background a plus.
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to adapt job responsibilities as required to meet the demands and opportunities of a rapidly growing company.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet tight deadlines on high-volume deliverables.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills.
- Familiarity with SAP and FP&A software tools a plus.
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Eikon Therapeutics