Lab Support Services Technician
Eikon Therapeutics Hayward, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the interface of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
The parallel development of custom engineering solutions commensurate with the groundbreaking nature of this discovery platform, to enable the collection, analysis, and understanding of the large, high-content datasets that these microscopes produce, is key to Eikon’s mission of discovering new life-saving drugs.
Eikon Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated Lab Support Services Technician to support our dynamic and rapidly growing R&D teams. The Lab Support Services Technician will be contributing to the successful workflow in the lab by supporting managerial lab duties. The Lab Support Services Technician will report to the Lab Operations Manager and will interact daily with scientific staff. This is a full-time non-exempt position working 40 hours per week Monday-Friday.
An ideal applicant is organized, able to multi-task across multiple lab responsibilities, and comfortable in a fast-moving culture environment.
What You’ll Do
- Transport, clean and sterilize glassware, plasticware and lab equipment by safely operating an autoclave, a commercial dishwasher (Lancer) and handwashing sensitive glassware
- Handle biohazard and chemical waste according to OSHA standards
- Maintain tissue culture facilities, including cleaning tissue culture hoods, incubators, and general lab housekeeping
- Monitor inventory of lab reagents and supplies; submit requests as appropriate
- Prepare, restock, and maintain a variety of culture media, agar plates, buffers, and stock solutions
- Replace LN2 CO2 and other gasses as required
- Monitor and defrost freezers (e.g., temperature monitoring, issue logs, maintenance, organize freezer space
- Performs routine laboratory operations assistance as needed
- Shipping and receiving, including handling deliveries, operating a stacker. Training will be provided.
- 1+ years’ experience working in a laboratory setting
- HS Degree or equivalent
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and handle more than one project at a time
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Knowledge of lab sanitation and sterilization methods, procedures, and equipment; experience with autoclaves and commercial dishwashers preferred
- Customer service-oriented team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in management and disposal of biohazardous waste and hazardous chemicals; Title 22 training a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, and basic computer skills
For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to: boards.greenhouse.io/eikontx
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
HealthcareView all jobs at Eikon Therapeutics