The Substance Use Disorder Counselor 1 is responsible for providing outpatient treatment services to participants suffering from substance use disorder or who are at risk. The counselor ensures coordination of care and works with staff in the provision of comprehensive service delivery.
- Coordination of intakes/assessments
- Coordination of treatment plans/discharges
- Provide case management and care coordination to all participants
- Facilitates group counseling session
- Provide UA Testing
- Review charts and documentation to ensure compliance with Title 22 and contract requirements
- Provide medi-cal billing
- Development of monthly group schedules
- Attend case conferences and complete case conference notes for each client
- Prepares group material utilizing evidenced based practices of CBT and Motivational Interviewing
- Monitors progress on treatment plans.
- Participates in peer reviews
- Participate in weekly supervision
- Completes required annual hours of training
- Participates in agency/program performance and quality assurance projects
- Adheres to agency safety protocols
- Registered Intern (CCAPP, CADTP)
- Valid California driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Live Scan fingerprinting clearance for FBI, DOJ and CAI.
- Health screening clearance.
- Demonstrates ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Interfaces with all levels of management, staff, clients, residents and families including partner agencies.
Eggleston Youth Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity and drug free employer.