The Behavioral Health Quality Assurance and Training Specialist ensures the quality of client services and documentation within LA DMH and SB DBH contract standards, as well as compliance with various mandates and State laws, rules, regulations and sub-contractual agreement. Position is located in Irwindale.
- Organizes and conducts client chart reviews on a monthly basis. Ensures that a minimum of 10% of all active charts are included in each review and that a final review is completed on all closed charts
- Organizes and conducts client chart peer reviews on a quarterly basis. Ensures that a minimum of 25% of all active charts are included in each review
- Maintains and develops tracking and monitoring tools
- Ensures new employees receive orientation training on documentation and the EHRS system
- Conducts agency and program trainings and in services
- Attends agency/county meetings and is a participant on the QA Committee
- Maintains and updates the program training manual
- Ensures that staff functions meet performance and policy standards including, but not limited to, monitoring of documentation of behavioral health and medication support services; the timely submission of psychotropic court authorizations and attorney authorizations, reviewing and approving of initial opening paperwork
- Ensures Outcome Measures are tracked, completed and entered into the county system
- Participate in agency/program Performance and Quality Improvement projects
- Adhere to agency safety protocols
- Performs other duties as prescribed by supervisor
- Master's Degree from an accredited college/university in clinical psychology, social work or a closely related field.
- California Board of Behavioral Science licensure/registration (LMFT/LCSW/AMFT/ACSW).
- Minimum two years of experience in a mental health setting appropriate to the functional area to which assigned
- Knowledge of computer applications related to the work
- Demonstrated experience working with an ethnically, culturally and racially diverse staff
- DMH documentation experience required
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with diversity of staff
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Criminal record and health clearances
- Interfaces with all levels of management, staff, clients & families including other agency programs and partner agencies
Physical Skills and Abilities:
- Must have the visual, physical and technical ability to independently operate a variety of office equipment including the use of a computer. Must also be capable of bending, stooping, filing, lifting of at least 25 lbs. and able to interrupt physical altercations. Must have the ability to verbally communicate well with others.
Eggleston Youth Centers, Inc. is an equal opportunity and drug free employer
Eggleston Youth Centers, Inc.