Technical Customer Service Representative - Part Time - REMOTE - 4822
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We’re looking for a positive, aspiring IT technical professional, with modest technical knowledge, to be the welcoming voice of our support desk. This role will be a key contributor to our customer experience as the first point of contact for our support team. This position will require you to process phone calls quickly, and possibly juggle multiple calls so that customers never have to wait more than a few minutes to be greeted by a friendly voice. You will need to look up relevant information and type notes quickly. This will be a fast-paced job that requires attention to detail and a commitment to providing an excellent customer experience.
- Greet customers warmly, listen to their issues with compassion and make them feel heard
- Be the customer’s first point of contact, responsible for answering incoming calls regarding software, hardware, and network problem technical issues or concern.
- Document the customer’s issues, gather necessary technical data to begin support, including detailed problem descriptions, customer network details, etc and ensure our technicians have the necessary details to begin work on the issue
- Ask initial troubleshooting questions to ensure we have the information we need to assist
- Some light technical assistance will be part of your standard duties
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers.
- Consistently follow and apply standard operating procedures and demonstrate awareness of company policies and procedures while applying sound judgment
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, structured, dynamic, and high-transaction environment, with the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and manage and diffuse angry or upset customers
- Demonstrates ability to achieve established goals and performance metrics.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), and overtime as necessary.
- Attends training and meetings as required.
- Works independently, and seeks Supervisor support when necessary.
- Supports other lines of business as volumes dictate.
- Interacts with customers via telephone and e-mail to assist with a variety of customer inquiries and issues
- Show empathy and ownership of customer issues
- Analyze, evaluate and determine the urgency of all customer incidents
- Translate and route customer support requests into an appropriate incident format and queue to their assigned technical support team.
- Gathering necessary technical data to begin support, including detailed problem descriptions, customer network details, etc
- Must be fluent in English; both written and oral
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in customer service, Service Desk, or call center environment required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal as well as excellent organizational skills
- Duties and responsibilities may vary based on customer demand and skill level
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- A strong phone presence and a significant level of comfort when talking to people
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A naturally positive demeanor that is infectious; people can hear you smiling through the phone
- Good composure under pressure and a calming, reassuring presence
- Patience and empathy for customers who might be frustrated or stressed
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to follow procedures and work quickly
- The technical skills to navigate a phone system and issue ticketing system (ZenDesk)
- The ability to type 40 wpm
- A drive to improve on a personal and professional level
- A reliable self-starter who will dig into figuring things out but ask good questions when stuck
- Interest in or passion for computers and technology
- Experience with producing support documentation for supported products.
- Experience with basic networking including wireless, wired, security, and basic design.
- Experience with corporate applications including Microsoft Office and Adobe applications
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and corporate email systems
- A+ Certification a plus
This is a great chance to grow your skills as an IT tech. By having the opportunity to work with various client issues while being supported by a strong team environment, you will learn a lot, and quick. As such, we are looking for a hard-working fast learner with strong communication skills.
This position will be a remote-work position for the foreseeable future. Thus, you must have the self-discipline and drive to thrive when self-managed. You will still be closely working with a team of techs and the pace of the position will fast. The ability to work from home is a necessity.
- Position requires sitting for long periods at a time
- Use of computer monitor and keyboard is required
- Candidate may be required to work weekends
- Overtime may be required as workload demands
3130 S Rainbow BlvdLas Vegas, NV
Get fresh Customer Service Technical jobs daily straight to your inbox!