IT Tech Support - Tier 1
Desired candidate is an aspiring IT technical professional who provides superior support to the end-user experience, with modest technical knowledge in areas including: user end support (desktops, laptops, printers and software), application support, networking, network printing, audio/video and telephony (VoIP), Active Directory, Windows Server Operating Systems, and VMWare. This individual would serve as the entry level support for our help-desk, addressing high-volume, simpler issues while escalating complex issues to Tier 2 techs.
Education and Experience:
1. High School diploma or equivalent (Degree preferred)
2. 1-2 Years of IT, Help Desk and/or MSP experience
3. Competency Certifications are a plus (CompTIA, Microsoft, VMWare, etc.)
Required Qualifications and Job Description:
- Excellent inter-personal skills; as good with people as you are with computers.
- Experience providing high quality customer desktop support for desktop applications and devices such as printers. This includes fast response rates and accurate and thorough resolutions to desktop issues.
- Experience providing phone support; with strong awareness of positive phone etiquette.
- Experience working with help desk ticketing systems (responding, assigning, closing and following up on help desk request tickets).
- A high level of communication skill including written and verbal skills. Verbal skills include the ability to communicate technical I.T. issues to non-I.T. technical staff.
- Strong communication, presentation, writing and editorial abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results, and set priorities appropriately and independently
- A passion for IT
- Ability to work remotely
- Experience with producing support documentation for supported products.
- Experience with basic networking including wireless, wired, security and basic design.
- Experience with corporate applications including Microsoft Office and Adobe applications
- Experience with Active Directory account administration
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and corporate email systems (interfacing at a high level like accounts and connection to the server).
- A+ Certification a plus
- Familiarity with ITIL a plus
A Tier 1 IT Tech Support agent demonstrates the ability to work harmoniously with others to accomplish tasks, promotes a positive work environment, and demonstrates respect for others. This position is required to communicate effectively with others and provide constructive suggestions to improve team performance.
Acts in a self-directed manner; takes action before being directed by others or forced by events. Seizes opportunities and is proactive in avoiding potential problems.
This is a great chance to grow your skills as an IT tech. By having the opportunity to work with various client issues while being supported by a strong team environment, you will learn a lot, and quick. As such, we are looking for a hard-working fast-learner with strong communication skills.
This position will be a remote-work position for the foreseeable future. Thus, you must have the self-discipline and drive to thrive when self-managed. You will still be closely working with a team of techs and the pace of the position will fast. The ability to work from home is a necessity.
Overqualified to be a Tier 1 tech? We encourage you to apply to be a Tier 2 tech here: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/effortless-office-236b3263/it-tech-support-tier-2-b1b217f4