IT Tech Support - Tier 1 - REMOTE 5721
Effortless Office Las Vegas, NV
- Posted: over a month ago
- $32,000 to $35,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental
IT Tech Support - Tier 1
Desired candidate is an aspiring IT technical professional who provides superior support to the end-user experience, with modest technical knowledge in areas including: user end support (desktops, laptops, printers and software), application support, networking, network printing, audio/video and telephony (VoIP), Active Directory, Windows Server Operating Systems, and VMWare. This individual would serve as the entry level support for our help-desk, addressing high-volume, simpler issues while escalating complex issues to Tier 2 techs.
Education and Experience:
1. High School diploma or equivalent (Degree preferred)
2. 1-2 Years of IT, Help Desk and/or MSP experience
3. Competency Certifications are a plus (CompTIA, Microsoft, VMWare, etc.)
Required Qualifications and Job Description:
- Excellent inter-personal skills; as good with people as you are with computers.
- Experience providing high quality customer desktop support for desktop applications and devices such as printers. This includes fast response rates and accurate and thorough resolutions to desktop issues.
- Experience providing phone support; with strong awareness of positive phone etiquette.
- Experience working with help desk ticketing systems (responding, assigning, closing and following up on help desk request tickets).
- A high level of communication skill including written and verbal skills. Verbal skills include the ability to communicate technical I.T. issues to non-I.T. technical staff.
- Strong communication, presentation, writing and editorial abilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results, and set priorities appropriately and independently
- A passion for IT
- Ability to work remotely
- Experience with producing support documentation for supported products.
- Experience with basic networking including wireless, wired, security and basic design.
- Experience with corporate applications including Microsoft Office and Adobe applications
- Experience with Active Directory account administration
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and corporate email systems (interfacing at a high level like accounts and connection to the server).
- A+ Certification a plus
- Familiarity with ITIL a plus
A Tier 1 IT Tech Support agent demonstrates the ability to work harmoniously with others to accomplish tasks, promotes a positive work environment, and demonstrates respect for others. This position is required to communicate effectively with others and provide constructive suggestions to improve team performance.
Acts in a self-directed manner; takes action before being directed by others or forced by events. Seizes opportunities and is proactive in avoiding potential problems.
This is a great chance to grow your skills as an IT tech. By having the opportunity to work with various client issues while being supported by a strong team environment, you will learn a lot, and quick. As such, we are looking for a hard-working fast-learner with strong communication skills.
This position will be a remote-work position for the foreseeable future. Thus, you must have the self-discipline and drive to thrive when self-managed. You will still be closely working with a team of techs and the pace of the position will fast. The ability to work from home is a necessity.
Effortless OfficeWhy Work Here?
We are passionate about what we do, we work hard to be excellent, and we promote based on merit.
Effortless Office partners with innovative organizations to make IT effortless -- so they can focus on their business. As an innovative cloud-solutions provider, we are revolutionizing how companies leverage technology to do work. Since this is a growing industry, and we are committed to providing an excellent customer experience for our clients, this is a great place to learn, grow and prosper.
5655 Badura AvenueLas Vegas, NV
TechnologyView all jobs at Effortless Office