HR Generalist, Benefits Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you interested in building a career with other TOP PERFORMERS? Committed to providing exceptional care and services in an environment that supports professional growth, diversity, and inclusion. Every team member's experience and work-life balance are a priority in our organization.
EHS culture encourages and supports individuals in pursuing their career goals and well-being by providing work-life balance, flexible scheduling, career development, and all the benefits and perks you need for yourself and your family.
· Retirement plans 403 (b) and 457
· Health insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision insurance
· Prescription Drug Plan
· Hospital Discount
· Flexible spending account
· Paid time off
· Extended Days off (Sick time)
· Employee assistance program
· Strive365 Wellness Program
· Basic Life insurance (Employer Paid)
· Voluntary Life insurance/Accident/Critical Illness
· Disability (LTD and STD)
· Tuition reimbursement
· Legal and ID Shield
· Discounted Gym membership
· Cafeteria Payroll Deduction
· Employee Perks Program
· Student Loan Relief and Assistance
· Employee Rewards and Recognition Program
· Bereavement Leave
The HR Generalist, Benefits Specialist will report directly to the Director of Human Resources. This position is responsible for performing professional-level duties relating to specializing in the administration of various benefit plans, including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans 403(b)/ 457, flexible spending account, accident, critical illness, and Leave of Absents. The HR Generalist Benefits Specialist continually investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs, and supervises and monitors benefits administration to enhance EHS ability to attract, retain and motivate employees. All duties are to be performed in accordance with The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local guidelines, organizational and departmental policies, and procedures.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Primarily responsible for the overall administration and management of EHS’S total rewards program, including health and welfare benefits.
- Administers various employee benefits programs, such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans 403(b)/ 457, flexible spending account, accident, critical illness, and leave of absents.
- Serves as primary contact with benefit carriers in resolving benefit enrollment, claims, and billing problems.
- Assists HR Leadership Team with the preparation of annual benefits renewal process with the broker, CFO, and CEO.
- Assists HR Leadership Team with the annual 403b audit and preparation and reporting of the 5500 filings.
- Primarily responsible for updating HRIS system with new benefit plans and annual rates prior to payroll processing.
- Regularly maintain and manage the accuracy of annual 1095-C forms for submission to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Prepares and coordinates vendor payments for all employer benefits as required monthly, quarterly, and semi-annually.
- Works in collaboration with HR Department Leadership team on the design and the strategy of EHS full suite of benefit and wellness program offerings to align with EHS’s total rewards strategies, industry standards, and marketplace trends.
- Conducts monthly benefit audits to ensure accuracy within benefit data and employee enrollment status, and work cross-functionally with the finance department on benefit billing and reconciliation.
- Develops and performs data analysis and data reconciliations to identify trends, gaps, opportunities to resolve issues, and improve benefit plan performance and EHS team members' experience.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absence/disabilities.
- Leave Entitlement Management: Initiate, Coordinate, and?Manage a caseload of Leaves of Absence, including FMLA, short-term disability, long-term disability, military leave, unpaid leave, and employee return to work.?
- Ensure Benefits Compliance (FMLA Notices, Medicare Part D, COBRA notifications, ERISA, HIPAA, OSHA, ADA, etc.).
- Maintains summary plan descriptions for all benefits plans and programs.
- Creates open enrollment communication materials and maintains the accuracy of the EHS benefits guide.
- Develops and conducts training sessions to communicate the benefit options available as the basis for their making appropriate benefits selections.
- Leads and monitors communication for all annual enrollment activities well ahead of time.?
- Ensure benefits plans, health and welfare programs, flexible spending accounts, and 403 (B) plans are following all current federal and state regulations and requirements, including reporting, disclosures, and testing.
- Participates in 403 (B) Committee meetings, by scheduling quarterly meetings, taking notes, and creating minutes.
- Off-Boarding of voluntary separations, ensuring that all necessary handover tasks are carried out and team member leaving has a positive exit experience.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual performance review processes and manage annual merit review cycle activities.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefit enrollments and life status changes in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Partners with payroll to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations, and provide relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves,?etc.) for accuracy of time and labor tracking.
- Collaborates with the HR Generalist and hiring managers on new positions to determine FLSA status.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding compensation processes and assists in the resolution of compensation matters as appropriate.
- Develops techniques for compiling, preparing, and presenting data designed to drive results.
- Research and prepare standard and ad hoc reports and compile metrics for analysis as needed.
- Conducts annual policy review of assigned compensation and benefits-related policies in compliance with Joint Commission Regulatory guidelines and alignment with EHS organizational objectives.
- Assists with special projects and events, including but not limited to holiday celebrations, family fun day, Health Fair, Gala, charity committees, employee service award banquets, etc.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned, including organizational committees as needed.
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Accounting/Finance or related field, and two years experience in managing multiple HR topics (benefits or generalist preferred) or Education equivalent to a High School Diploma and 5 years of directly related benefits administration experience.
Formal Training: In-depth knowledge of benefit programs and related regulations, including COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, USERRA, ADA, ERISA, DOL, and IRS section 125. General knowledge of employment laws and practices. Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills, sound judgment, and confidentiality. Previous experience in planning, organizing, implementing, facilitating, interviewing, counseling, and verbal and written communications. Experience in an HR Department Healthcare setting to include Joint Commission Survey activities preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Human Resources Certification or Certified Benefits Professional certification designation is highly preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum of two to five years of experience in benefits administration, compensation, HR operations management, HR analytics, or an equivalent combination of Human Resources experience and training required. Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, technology-driven environment is preferred.
Computer Skills: Advanced computer literacy with the capability to effectively use Microsoft computer software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as HRIS database systems.
Effingham Hospital Inc.
459 GA Hwy 119Springfield, GA
Get fresh Hr Specialist Generalist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.