This position will provide decision support to improve profitability, identify risk, and drive value for the Global Supply Chain("GSC") organization. The focus is to support global inventory, system support and process excellencewithin the Global Supply Chain network. This position will partner with various functional groups to provide financial decision support to managing the global inventory and excess and obsolete.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and coordinating the implementation of cost accounting and inventory best practices across the plants.
- Develop project plan and lead the implementation of process and IT priority improvement opportunities.
- Ensure the ongoing management of the data governance processes within GSC Finance by providing guidance and support across the plants.
- Support Plant Finance and other GSC Finance members on system issues. Serve as liaison with IT on system resolutions and improvements.
- Manage the month end close related to US inventory. Ensuring timely and accurate reporting: US inventory reconciliation and US profit-in-inventory reconciliation.
- Coordinate with various functional groups to compile and review excess and obsolete inventory requirements for all business units in US.
- Collaborating with the manufacturing plants and Business Unit cost accounting teams to compile and communicate global standard costs.
- Candidate will be responsible for supporting Corporate inventory policies and procedures, as well as ensuring adherence to internal controls.
- Assist with audit requests as it relates to inventory.
Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required; Minor in Information System Technology is a plus.
- Minimum of eight years experience in fiance or accounting is required (or six years with a Masters).
- Inventory side of cost accounting experience.
- Cost accounting experience with a multi-national organization is a plus.
- CMA/CPA a plus.
Additional Talents and General Expectations:
- Strong communication skills and exposure to various levels of senior management.
- Proven expertise in both Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel, database tools (e.g. QlikView, Access), financial system (e.g. Hyperion, JD Edwards Enterprise)
- Innovative use of IT tools and new technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to translate complex data into meaningful recommendations.
- Ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Proven successful project management expertise
- Must have high degree of accuracy, very detail-oriented
- Deadline driven, results-oriented, highly responsible and accountable
- Extremely proactive, strong initiative, self-motivated
- High integrity, ethics and strong values
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.