Come Join Our Team at EMK!
The Community Health Worker (CHW) works as a valuable member of the health care team to provide comprehensive, coordinated services as part of a patient centered medical home. CHW's address social determinants of health to improve the health of the community. Responsibilities include conducting psycho-social assessments, providing basic education, screening, and brief interventions and/or facilitating referrals to needed resources. CHW's provide health systems education and advocacy to assist patients in navigating the health care system. CHW's may participate in population-based projects that enhance retention in care, and achievement of self-management goals. CHW's may participate in assigned community based activities, including outreach to people in need of primary care and connecting them to care and services.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, we recognize the power of a diverse community; we encourage and welcome applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. Bilingual Applicants in English and Spanish or English and Portuguese are encouraged to apply.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Bilingual in English & Spanish or English & Portuguese
- Minimum 2-years work or volunteer experience in human services or healthcare with demonstrated knowledge of or ability to work with and/or within the targeted community
- With limited exceptions approved by the supervisor in advance, a CHW is expected to have a valid U. S. Motor Vehicle License and reliable transportation to travel to/from outreach activities, as they may be assigned from time to time. If the CHW will also be assigned to transport patients, the CHW must provide proof of state-mandated personal Motor Vehicle insurance.
- Demonstrated technical experience with Microsoft Word, Excel (or similar databases), and Internet Explorer.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, and/or local regulations and community resources.
Compensation is based on years of experience and competitive with community health centers.
Strong and generous benefits package including: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance.