Software Developer Lead (Cloud native development)
- Posted: over a month ago
The AWS Developer Lead provides high-level technical and analytical leadership to software development teams, manages business analysis activity and oversees software development for external clients. Additionally, the Lead Software Developer contributes a high level of subject matter expertise to the IT department and coordinates the administration of assignments for projects and tasks. The Lead Software Developer champions IT strategic initiatives and brings a degree of awareness to industry trends. This position mentors other software developers.
- Interacts with the Architect to understand technology direction/changes, standards and best practices.
- Takes full responsibility and leads a team of developers/analysts to deliver features for a Sprint.
- Does task breakdown with the team and assigns and manages work for the team.
Does hands-on development for common/framework features as needed.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research and investigation.
- Good Interpersonal skills working with various team members.
Education, Certifications, or Special Licenses:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent coursework emphasizing an information processing or business-related curricula.
- Also possible to have an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired if necessary.
Relevant Years of Experience:
- Minimum 8 years of progressively responsible software development experience.
- Highly motivated and hands on AWS Developer Lead willing to work on Lambda(NodeJS) based microservices/backend and AngularJS based frontend.
- More than 5 years of experience in leading a team of developers and doing hands on development.
- Experience using Jira for task management, breakdown, estimation and tracking.
- More than 6 years of experience in designing and developing distributed applications using Java EE platform and related frameworks or server side NodeJS.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in building and deploying applications on AWS Cloud.
- Experience building Serverless applications on AWS using AWS SAM, API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, Cognito, DynamoDB, IAM Roles/Permissions.
- Experience in building RESTful APIs.
- Experience in using OAuth2/OIDC.
- Experience using Maven and Jenkins for CI/CD.
- Experience in messaging technologies like JMS/AWS SNS, SQS/Kafka.
- Experience in using relational databases like Oracle/PostgreSQL.
- Experience in modelling NoSQL databases like AWS DynamoDB with a good understanding of DynamoDB modelling concepts.
- Experience in deploying applications in Unix environments and writing shell scripts.
- Experience in debugging AWS native applications using CloudWatch/Splunk.
- Experience in using NoSQL databases like DynamoDB/Cassandra/MongoDB.
- Experience in using caching technologies like Redis, Memcached or similar.
- Building and deploying applications as Docker Containers on AWS ECS.
- Experience in application log analysis using Splunk or any other log search tool.
- Mobile app development experience using hybrid frameworks like React Native/Flutter.
ETS requires all new hires to either certify that they have been fully vaccinated or request and obtain an exemption due to medical or religious reasons by their start date.
ETS is an Equal Opportunity Employer comprised of people with different experiences, strengths, and backgrounds who share a passion for advancing quality and equity in education. We are dedicated to building teams that reflect the various backgrounds, experiences, and identities of those we serve. The Talent Acquisition team strives to ensure candidates enjoy a fair and equitable hiring process. We believe our differences empower us to be a better team, making better decisions and delivering better results.
Educational Testing Service (ETS)
TechnologyView all jobs at Educational Testing Service (ETS)
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?