Pendergast Elementary School District in partnership with Educational Services, Inc. (ESI) is looking for talented Virtual Substitutes to fill a great need while the district is in a virtual learning model. Virtual Substitutes would teach online, from the comfort of your own home. You would work 3-5 days per week, filling the most critical positions for teacher absences, while still maintaining a flexible schedule. This special Virtual Substitute position provides you with premium daily rates and access to purchase ESI’s group medical insurance.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Valid Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card*
- Valid Arizona Teacher Certificate or Substitute Certificate*
- Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization (or may waive)
- Pass a Mandatory Criminal Background Check
- Previous experience as a substitute/teacher is preferred, but not required
*You must currently have a valid IVP card and valid Certificate to be considered for this position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill a daily substitute teaching position in the Pendergast Elementary School District 3 - 5 days per week, each week school is in session
- Accept jobs that are assigned in the Pendergast Elementary School District
- Complete all substitute teaching assignments successfully
- Maintain a positive learning environment for all students; a professional relationship with all staff in accordance with district & ESI policy
- Ensure adequate supervision while providing online instruction to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students
- Implement lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate
- Make a reasonable effort to follow regular teacher's lesson plans in a way that ensures consistency and optimal learning
- Observe and evaluate students' performance and development. Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Leave daily feedback for all classroom teachers at the end of each assignment
- Position is currently a work from home opportunity, but candidates must be local
- Training will be provided
- District laptop will be provided
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Daily Substitute Position/Part Time - Full Time
BENEFITS: Immediate access to purchase Medical Insurance
Earn 1 hour of paid sick time per 30 hours worked
NOTE: Provide your personal email address in the application as this is how ESI will primarily communicate with you throughout the hiring process. Periodically check your spam/junk folder as these emails can sometimes get mis-categorized by your email service.
Educational Services Inc. (ESI) is the leading provider of employee staffing solutions for Arizona school districts. Founded in 1999 by three educators, ESI has a passion for helping people and making a positive impact in education.
ESI’s featured programs include Arizona’s premier return-to-work program known as RetireRehire, and its SubSource program, the largest substitute staffing program in the state.
Districts develop partnerships with ESI to provide personalized support for educators returning to work after retirement and resources including benefits and professional development for substitute teachers.
Powered by JazzHR
Educational Services, Inc