Substitute Teaching Position - Flexible, Part or Full-Time
Educational Services, Inc. Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Change the future! Substituting is your opportunity to secure a flexible, rewarding career. Substitute teachers and support staff have the unique ability to make their own schedule, while supporting their community and making a difference in the lives of children.
If you are looking for a career with purpose, supported by a team of truly compassionate people, look no further! Educational Services Inc. (ESI) partners with school districts throughout Arizona and one near you.
Visit our website to see all the districts we partner with for substitute services.
Note: If you are interested in any districts within Yavapai County, you should select "Yavapai County Substitute Consolidation".
What you need:
- Valid Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card* (Required for all substitute positions with ESI)
- Valid Arizona Teacher Certificate or Substitute Certificate (if applying for certified position)*
- Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization (or may waive)
- Pass a Mandatory Criminal Background Check
*We welcome you to apply for this position if you have already begun the process of obtaining your IVP fingerprint card and/or certificate. If you need assistance with this process, please contact us.
Important: When applying, please enter your legal first and last name as they appear on your ID to prevent any unnecessary delays.
What types of positions are available:
- Certified substitute positions require a valid substitute or teacher certificate
- Classified substitute positions do not require a certificate and are usually non-instructional support positions
What you will do (positions may vary by district):
- Manage student learning, in the absence of the regular teacher
- Maintain a positive learning environment for all students; a professional relationship with all staff in accordance with district & ESI policy
- Ensure adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students
- Implement lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in manner which motivates students to learn and participate
What you get:
- Competitive daily rates, depending on the district(s) where you work
- Medical insurance available to purchase if you work 900 or more hours per school year
- Paid Sick Time (PST), earn 1 hour per 30 hours worked, up to 40 hours PST per school year
- Friendly, knowledgeable help from ESI available via phone, email or text
Contact us with questions
Phone: (480) 719-3271
ESI’s featured programs include Arizona’s premier return-to-work program known as RetireRehire, and its SubSource program, the largest substitute staffing program in the state.
Districts develop partnerships with ESI to provide personalized support for educators returning to work after retirement and resources including benefits and professional development for substitute teachers.
Educational Services, Inc.Why Work Here?
ESI is an "educator company". Education is our specialty, and our mission is to make sure no school position goes unfilled.
Educational Services Inc. (ESI) is the leading provider of employee staffing solutions for Arizona school districts. Founded in 1999 by three educators, ESI has a passion for helping people and making a positive impact in education. ESI’s featured programs include Arizona’s premier return-to-work program known as RetireRehire, and its SubSource program, the largest substitute staffing program in the state. Districts develop partnerships with ESI to provide personalized support for educators returning to work after retirement and resources including benefits and professional development for substitute teachers.
EducationView all jobs at Educational Services, Inc.