Electronic Lending Center Representative
Educational Federal Credit Union Miami, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is primarily responsible for completing member loan application requests via inbound/outbound telephone calls. Resolve member issues and addresses member questions accurately and in a timely manner. Additionally, this position will be a sales oriented position responsible to meet or exceed Credit Union established sales and referral goals for new loans, Credit Life and Credit Disability insurance, GAP, and MBP. Communication with membership by this position will be via inbound and outbound calls along with electronic (email) communication.
- Conduct inbound/outbound calls and greets members appropriately according to ELC monitoring and coaching standards.
- Interview members and prepare loan applications on the lending system completely and accurately for an underwriting decision following the guidelines established by loan policies and procedures.
- Review on-line loan applications for completeness and obtain all information needed for an underwriting decision.
- Offer lending products to members including Credit Life and Disability, Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Vehicle Service Agreements (VSA).
- Support sales process through referrals and cross-sell Credit Union products and services to assist members in meeting their financial needs.
- Promptly forward completed applications to the Underwriters.
- Confer with underwriters to aid in resolving consumer loan application problems.
- Handle overflow calls from Loan Processors on members calling about pending loan applications.
- Communicates lending decisions on consumer loan applications to members in a manner that provides prompt and efficient service.
- Monitor and manage Lending queues ensuring timely follow up is being achieved and all opportunities are being maximized.
- Use every member contact as an opportunity to advise member about additional Credit Union products and services, promotions or programs that might benefit them
- Maintain knowledge of all policies and procedures within the loan department.
- Answer inquiries from members about loan products and terms and other Credit Union services including but not limited to Consumer Lending, Home Equities, and First Mortgages.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Every employee is required to comply with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) policies and procedures, and to attend required BSA-related training as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIFICATIONS
- Two years of prior work related experience.
- Prior Credit Union or Banking experience preferred.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Must be approachable and collaborative, thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and be comfortable quickly shifting priorities on short notice.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and job related computer programs and software.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial laws pertaining to card service/fraud.
- In-depth knowledge of closing procedures, loan processes, and documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to communicate with discretion and understanding when confidentiality is needed.
- Strong analytical and technical skills including fact finding and problem solving.
- Some Saturday work required.
- Bilingual Required (Spanish)
The following are some benefits offered to employees:
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Birthday
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
- Paid Vacation
- Retirement/401K with matching contributions
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Tuition reimbursement for Undergraduate and Graduate courses
- Various Incentive Programs
- Career opportunities
Educational Federal Credit UnionWhy Work Here?
EdFed offers challenging career opportunities and great benefits!
As a financial institution, EdFed has been dedicated to providing our members, the South Florida educational community, with quality financial services since 1935. As an employer, we strive to provide staff with challenging career opportunities, great benefits, and a friendly work environment. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance in this position.
7800 SW 117th AveMiami, FL