- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SUMMARY OF POSITION FUNCTION:
Performs facility maintenance repairs and general upkeep duties to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs necessary skilled work in more than one area of plumbing, hot water heating (boiler) systems, carpentry, cafeteria equipment repair and other skill trade areas as needed.
- Performs carpentry work in repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing and any other work pertaining to wood structures, and performs minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counter, work benches, etc. Uses precision hand tools and power tools.
- Ensures all work orders are completed on time and according to quality standards.
- Performs plumbing, heating, and air-conditioning work in repairing or replacing furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, piping instrument controls, wash basins, toilet facilities and any other work pertaining to heating, air-conditioning and plumbing facilities that doesn’t required a certified technician to perform.
- Performs electrical work in repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures, control switches, disconnecting wiring and any other work pertaining to electrical facilities that doesn’t require a certified technician to perform.
- Ensures all equipment and facilities are clean and maintained in accordance with center and DOL standards.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Ability to operate power and hand tools.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of electrical, HVAC, building maintenance & construction fields.
- Thorough understanding of occupational hazards and standard safety practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; understand and follow oral and written directions
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and other technical manuals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Proven ability to identify problems and implement solutions
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in the use of computer software such as MSWord, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five years of extensive experience in the fields of: electrical, heating, refrigeration, mechanical and carpentry. Experience in basic HVAC and building automation, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose an undue hardship on the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
- Reading, writing and communicating fluently in English
- Hearing and speaking to express ideas and/or exchange information in person or over the telephone
- Seeing to read labels, posters, documents, PC screens, etc.
- Sitting, standing, climbing, moving about or walking for occasional or frequent periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other equipment and tools
- Kneeling, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching overhead
- Retrieving and storing files and supplies; occasionally carrying and/or lifting light to moderately heavy objects
- Campus and general office setting
- Indoor and outdoor environment
- Works with tools and mechanical equipment
- Exposure to dust, chemicals, cleaning products, variances in temperatures and equipment with moving parts
- On-call availability to attend to emergencies as required
Education and Training Resources
Real EstateView all jobs at Education and Training Resources