NOW HIRING FOR THE FALL 2020 SCHOOL YEAR
Become a Music Teacher with Education Through Music...
Job responsibilities include:
- Serving as school music faculty
- Coordinating and developing the in-school music program with program staff
- Producing two school wide concerts each year
Each music teacher's program is designed in consultation with Education Through Music's Program Staff and based on ETM's curriculum and benchmarks. Lesson planning is required and will be reviewed on a regular basis. We provide all ETM Music Teachers with ongoing professional development, training and mentoring.
- An elective employee-contributed health coverage plan is available
- Opportunities for tuition reimbursement
- Part-time and full-time teaching opportunities available
Pedagogical approach is Orff influenced and we provide a variety of tools and resources including:
- Orff instruments
- Other String Instruments
Applicants must possess a BA or Master's Degree in Music, Education, or Fine Arts
- Previous classroom teaching experience is strongly preferred
- Singing, conducting, keyboard, guitar and presentation skills are all pluses
- A Music Education degree is preferred
ETM welcomes applicants who hold or are pursuing certification, and seeks placements that will support the career advancement of certified teachers.
Individuals who do not currently hold 'eligible' status for classroom teaching from the NYC Department of Education (DOE) will be asked to undergo a fingerprinting and background check by the NYC DOE PETS system. Only those cleared by the DOE who receive 'eligible' status are eligible for hire by ETM.
All those invited to interview will be asked to present a mock lesson to the discipline of the desired position.