International Project Coordinator II
- Posted: June 15, 2022
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The International Development Division at EDC has an opening for a full time International Project Coordinator (II). The International Project Coordinator (II) will work on one or more global education projects. The position reports to the Associate Project Director. Candidates can work from one of our office locations (Waltham, MA, Washington DC, NY, Chicago.).
This position will provide administrative, logistical and coordination support for the project team. While the work will include administrative duties, it is seen as an opportunity for the right candidate to progress to serious and substantive work, especially that which looks at innovative ways to improve learning and livelihoods in developing countries. Candidates must be able to prioritize tasks and work effectively both independently as well within a team structure.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, international project sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
Under the direction Associate Project Director, the International Project Coordinator (II) will support activities, including the following:
- Coordinate administrative and logistical tasks, such as organizing agendas, taking meeting notes during internal meetings and external meetings with funder and partners
- Facilitate project teamwork and feedback exchanges
- Collaborate on troubleshooting complex problems, proposing initiatives and recommending or negotiating solutions
- Train and provide guidance or administrative direction to junior or support staff; may coordinate the work of less experienced staff
- Coordinate communications and project activities
- Assist in the preparation of meeting materials, including data collection from website or social media analytics, preparation and assembly of materials
- Track all documents going to and emanating from the team; ensure constant supplies of communication materials
- Maintain Sharepoint site and organize online project files.
- Manage logistics of fielding of consultants and staff, make travel arrangements for staff and visitors (visas, flights, hotels, etc.)
- Drafting or translating materials, in French and/or Spanish, consistent with language abilities.
- Monitoring compliance on assigned tasks
- Review and reconcile travel expense reports and vendor invoices
- Drafting and editing sections of performance reports, briefs, memos, consistent with skill level
- Supporting project procurement and maintaining records on procurement initiatives
- Contributing ideas for improved efficiency or future focus
- Track next steps on meeting outcomes and communications
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with recruitment of staff and short-term consultants
- Other duties as assigned
In the future, the International Project Coordinator (II) may be required to travel domestically and internationally to support training or other project events.
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Master's degree or equivalent combination of training & education preferred
- With Bachelor's degree, 3-5 years related research, education, international development or administrative coordination experience, requiring computer competence (MS Office, Internet, PowerPoint, SharePoint a plus)
- With Master's degree, 2-4 years related experience (as above)
- Demonstrable organizational and troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational & analytical skills and aptitude for details
- Professional fluency in English required. Foreign language fluency in French or Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience working with USAID or in USAID-funded contracts strongly preferred
- Experience or interest in global education programs
- International experience preferred
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans and other candidates with diverse identities are encouraged to apply.
At EDC, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all US-based EDC employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof thereof, as a condition of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Education Development Center
TechnologyView all jobs at Education Development Center