REACH Counseling Services, a sister company to Education Alternatives, is seeking a part time Front Office Administrative Assistant for the CJ Hendry and Associates Counseling Agency in Westlake, OH. The Front Office Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and handles receptionist responsibilities for REACH’s counseling program.
- Manage incoming communications (telephone, email, mail, etc.)
- Complete the pre-intake process for new clients, including, answering questions about services available, documenting client demographic information, and collecting insurance information.
- Verify client insurance coverage, copays, and/or client liability for new and current clients
- Create and maintain a friendly atmosphere for clients arriving for services at the front window.
- Collect and record client copays and/or client liability payments.
- Update therapists’ schedules as needed
- Maintain client information in the electronic health record
- Obtain pre-authorizations for services as needed
- Office management including managing counseling office schedules, ordering supplies, and communicating between members of the staff
- Adhere to the policies and procedures established for the client/team
- Use, protect and disclose patients’ protected health information only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Communicate effectively with clients and therapists
- Maintain a friendly and professional attitude
- Other duties as assigned by the management team
- Prior experience with insurance verification
- Experience with practice management software
- Knowledge of behavioral health terminology
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- Strong organizational and task prioritization skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Must have basic Excel skillset
- Strong communication skills/oral and written
- Strong organizational skills