- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
WHY WORK FOR JOB CORPS? Our team is helping to build the work force of tomorrow, and we invite you join us in helping our students reach their goals.
WHAT IS JOB CORPS? It is the country's most extensive nationwide residential career training program and has been in operation for more than 50 years. The program was designed to help eligible young people ages 16 to 24 complete their high school education, train for meaningful careers, and assist them with obtaining employment. Job Corps has trained and educated over two million individuals since 1964.
EXCELSIOR SPRINGS JOB CORPS CENTER offers training in the medical trades (Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, and Medical Office Assistant), construction trades (Welding, Carpentry, Painting, Home Builders), Security, Culinary Arts, and our advanced trade in Transportation (TCU),
POSITION AVAILABLE - Security Officer - Various shifts available at this time
We are seeking full-time Security Officers to work 8 hour shifts. Duties include patrolling assigned areas on our 26 acre campus, performing building security and safety checks, conducting preliminary investigations (training provided), enforcing Center rules and regulations, assisting staff and students in addressing issues including de-escalation of behavior, providing escort services as needed, and monitoring activities via camera surveillance systems.
High School Diploma or GED is required. The successful applicant will have excellent communication/listening skills, proficiency in computer software. Six months of previous security related experience is desired. Candidates must possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
BENEFITS: Excelsior Springs Job Corps Center Offers Company Paid Premiums for Medical Coverage (Employee only) and reduced rates for Family Coverages, Dental, Vision, Additional Life Insurance, and other Add-On coverages.
Paid vacation and sick leave (2 weeks each), 12 Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, 401K Plan, Employee Assistance Plan, and reduced cost meals daily from our dining hall.
Excelsior Springs Job Corps Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose an undue hardship on the company.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
- Reading, writing and communicating fluently in English
- Hearing and speaking to express ideas and/or exchange information in person or over the telephone
- Seeing to read labels, posters, documents, PC screens, etc.
- Sitting, standing, moving about or walking for occasional or frequent periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, two-way radio and other office equipment
- Kneeling, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching overhead
- Retrieving and storing files and supplies; occasionally carrying and/or lifting light objects
- Campus and general office setting
- Indoor and outdoor environment
- Driving a vehicle (bus, van, auto) occasionally in variable traffic and weather conditions
- Exposure to possible confrontations and fights
Education & Training Resources LLCExcelsior Springs, MO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.