The staff accountant is responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting for EduServe Inc. within established deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements for multiple entities, which includes the following:
1. Performs bank reconciliations
2. Prepares and posts required journal entries
3. Reviews & reconciles all balance sheet accounts
4. Prepares summary of significant events and budget variances
· Prepares supporting documentation for financial statements including balance sheet schedules and other reconciliations
· Works closely with independent auditors during annual financial statement audit with preparing schedules and invoices, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
· Posts accounts to the General Ledger including but not limited to the following:
1. Accounts Receivable
2. Cash Receipts
3. Accounts Payable
4. Cash Disbursements
· Maintains records of all financial documents with appropriate supporting material; update records as necessary.
· Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, schools, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
· Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
· Provides support such as schedules, data, information, etc. for the annual budget process.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; supports company’s goals and strategic priorities.
2. Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
3. Demonstrates ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
4. Prepares and analyzes complex financial reports, including writing report sections, integrating content, and formatting business documents.
5. Establishes a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of quality.
6. Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
7. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
8. Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
9. Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone etiquette.
10. Good knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or related field
• 1-3 years of experience in general accounting with demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Proficiency in accounting software as well as Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)