Edovate Learning Corp Catasauqua, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Edovate Learning Corp, the parent company of Curriculum Express, Elephango and Bridgeway Academy, is an educational support company that provides curriculum, companion lessons, instructor-led and live online learning and much more! We believe that every child has the potential to achieve an amazing future. Edovate Learning Corp's mission is to help students discover and pursue their personal excellence.Position Description
Edovate consists of three distinct lines of business and our Controller is responsible for managing all daily accounting operations to establish and ensure generally accepted accounting principles for each. Each line has unique characteristics as summarized in the list below.
- Bridgeway Academy
- Categorizing revenues in various buckets to include cash and deferred revenues
- Managing commissions & other contractor payments
- Subscription payments
- Contractor payments
- Curriculum Express
- Warehouse management, inventory management
- Ensuring accuracy in receiving inventory according to POs
In addition to the unique needs of each business line, the controller is responsible for the overall accounting operations of the company. This includes cash management, risk management, monthly and other periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and establishing and ensuring controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. The controller is also responsible for enhancing the accuracy of Edovate's reported financial results.Principal Accountabilities
- Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving company goals and objectives.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensure that payroll is processed accurately and on time
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government as well as international reporting requirements and tax filings
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience
- Strong management skills & demonstrated experience managing a team
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
The Controller position is primarily remote; however, successful candidate will also work from the Catasauqua office. Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries, as well as to potential acquirers or acquirees to conduct due diligence. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected.
Applicants must reside in one of the following states:
To be considered for this position the candidate MUST reside in one of the following states:
California Connecticut Indiana Iowa Louisiana Maryland Mississippi New Jersey New York Pennsylvania Ohio South Dakota South Carolina Texas Virginia West Virginia Florida Georgia Maine North Carolina
For an opportunity to be a part of a company and team that aims to positively impact the future through transformative education, apply today!
Edovate Learning Corp
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Edovate Learning Corp