Edmonds United Methodist Church Edmonds, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
20-25 hours/week ($19/hour)
The Administrative Assistant will provide assistance to the Edmonds United Methodist Church ministry staff, church administrator, and pastors. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate clearly, understand, identify, and implement multi-level administrative support. This hourly position is 20-25 hours to start, and qualified candidates must be proficient at Microsoft Office 365 office products, must understand content management systems (CMS), knowledge of office technology, must be organized, take initiative, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Church Administrator.
· Handle all church mail, including pick-up, drop-off, opening, distribution, and responding as appropriate
· Update and maintain the church calendar
· Receive, compile, and distribute church eNews articles and announcements
· Answer phone calls coming into the church
· Check church voicemails and emails and respond appropriately
· Be first point of contact for guest coming to the office
· Keep office organized/neat
· Provide support to Church Administrator, program staff, and pastors
· Other duties as assigned
· Maintain membership records, including an accurate database
· Keep an inventory of and order supplies for office and staff
· Supervise the maintenance of church office equipment in consultation with the Church Administrator
· Take initiative in problem solving
· Distribute mail and messages to appropriate staff members
· Manage Zoom scheduling
· Maintain the general email account daily
· Schedule and communicate meetings
· Be a team player
· Be flexible, cheerful, patient
· Ability to meet people comfortably and confidently
· Be organized, competent, efficient, creative
· Be computer proficient in Microsoft Office 365
· Able to multi-task
· Able to safeguard confidential material
· Greet visitors to the church office and provide assistance if possible
· Answer the telephone cordially and provide assistance if possible
· Handle miscellaneous details (unscheduled, unspecified, unexpected as assigned)
· Familiar with or willingness to become familiar with and support the United Methodist Church tradition and theology
· Commitment and support for congregational mission and statement of inclusivity
· Collaborate well with church staff and congregants
· Bachelors or AA degree or equivalent work experience
· 3+ years proven experience as an Administrative Assistant or relevant role
· Familiarity with office equipment, including printers, tablets and computers
· Experience with office management tools (MS Office software, in particular)
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
Employment at EUMC provides paid vacation and sick leave, 13 paid holidays per year, and eligibility to enroll in a 403(b) retirement plan.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com by March 31, 2021 for priority review. Position will remain open until filled.
Appointment to this position is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a criminal background check.
This congregation is committed to be a radically loving, welcoming, anti-racist community of faith, centered in the good news of Jesus Christ, which is for all people. Therefore, in faithfulness to the gospel and our United Methodist heritage, and to the best of our ability, we promise to provide programs, ministries, and pastoral care to all who seek God in this place. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Edmonds United Methodist Church
This congregation is committed to being a radically loving, welcoming, anti-racist community of faith, centered in the good news of Jesus Christ, which is for all people. Therefore, in faithfulness to the gospel and our United Methodist heritage, and to the best of our ability, we promise to provide programs, ministries, and pastoral care to all who seek God in this place. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
828 Caspers St.Edmonds, WA
BusinessView all jobs at Edmonds United Methodist Church