Edlund Company, LLC Burlington, VT
- Posted: over a month ago
For 96 years, Edlund has been on the cutting edge of manufacturing kitchen equipment–- providing foodservice and food processing customers worldwide with quality solutions that take today’s operations to the next level. Known for innovation, our scales have earned best in class 14 times, and our smallwares and kitchen prep equipment have been recognized repeatedly for excellence in product design and cutting-edge innovation.
Operating the plating tanks to coat of small steel and cast iron parts, or other related materials with nickel. In addition operating the passivation process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean material.
- Fills basket with parts to be plated or places parts on holding fixture, and transfers materials to plating work bars.
- Removes parts as directed when process is completed.
- Adds plating solution or refills tanks, as directed by lead person or Supervisor to complete plating process.
- Adds nickel rounds weekly and immerses materials in leaching or cleaning solution preparatory to plating.
- Will learn the responsibilities of the Lead Person.
- Responsible for quality including first piece and in-process inspections.
- Cleans fixtures, changes hooks, removes nickel nodules.
- Sweeps, cleans/disposes of nickel materials into proper drums; nickel/nickel metals recycling.
- Changes filters caustic/acidic/H2O.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS
- Provide feedback to refine and improve processes on an ongoing basis.
- Follow all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by Edlund Company and the department.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus 6 months- 1 year of related experience and/or training.
- Ability to work from verbal instructions, written or physical job instructions and/or machine manuals to assure consistency in quality and workmanship.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to perform work in chemical suit where elevated temperatures exist.
- Ability to understand chemical reactions/processes.
REQUIRED Certifications/ COMPETENCIES AND APTITUDES
- OSHA 8 Hour Hazwoper training
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to positively and comfortably handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with focused attention to detail.
- Self-motivated positive team player with ability to train and interact with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to make independent decisions in accordance with company policy.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions to problems.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed including job rotation and required overtime.
- Ability to uphold Safety standards, participate in continuous process improvements on the job, and following our Manufacturing best practices.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instruction.
- Ability to follow Edlund Company policies and procedures.
- Predominately active with high frequency of standing, walking, lifting, reaching, hand and arm usage (67% - 100% of the workday).
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat, wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; acidic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Monday through Friday 6am to 230pm plus overtime when needed. May include Saturday's during the spring / summer months.
This is a 40+ hour position
Edlund Company, LLC
ManufacturingView all jobs at Edlund Company, LLC