We are delighted to have been named as one of the National Best and Brightest companies to work for as well as Best Places to Work for Minorities by Crain’s Chicago Business! Our aim is to attract talented people who are as committed as we are in offering our customers exceptional value. Everyone at Edlong has a role to play in supporting one another to deliver dairy flavor products that deliver on our customer’s needs for taste, value and quality.
At Edlong, we are constantly impressing customers by helping their development teams create delicious products that people enjoy consuming. Nothing is too much trouble for us since we put our customers first every time. Food manufacturers around the world seek us out as the dairy flavor expert, delivering authentic taste, innovation and value. We develop products for beverages, salty and sweet snacks, soups, sauces, dips, desserts, cookies, bakery goods and a lot more. For one hundred years, Edlong has remained hugely passionate about producing flavors that replicate a real dairy taste. Every year we aspire to become better at what we do in order to deliver ‘first to market products’ that are not only on trend, but also ‘trend setting’.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Supply Chain Manager to join our team and help us achieve our goals.
Manages all supply chain including purchasing and inventory of materials and vendor selection. Makes recommendations to improve productivity, quality and operation efficiency.
- Manage the entire flow of goods and materials to ensure efficient delivery, quality goods and on-time delivery.
- Purchase materials to support production.
- Analyze, and supervise storage, use and transport of materials and inventory.
- Negotiate the best quality and delivery of materials and pricing to produce cost savings and low lead times.
- Develop and maintain value-based, team based and long-term relationships with suppliers at both strategic and operational level.
- Improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization in managing the inventory levels for optional response to customer and manufacturing requirements, as well as avoiding negative impact of inventory losses.
- Manage vendor performance and conduct reviews and periodic meetings to address unresolved issues and areas of improvement.
- Maintains knowledge of market conditions, trends and best practices.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results in adherence to Corporate Mission, Vision and Strategic goals as needed.
- Taste panel participation.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge base by sponsoring or attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Support the alignment of global business practices, processes and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- We are all in this together– You do not work alone. Understand how you are connected to customers and colleagues, and quickly and freely offer and accept support. At the end of the day, we will rise and sink together.
- We take ownership - You are here because you are needed. What you do matters to customers, colleagues and the company. Do your job to the utmost of your ability and realize your impact.
- We communicate honestly and with respect – Strong relationships are built on trust. Trust develops through openness, honesty, compassion, friendship and loyalty. Handle tough issues quickly and directly, but always respectfully.
- We look for a better way – You can improve anything in your pursuit to create value for our customers and company. Look for waste and ways to do things faster, simpler and better. Act promptly when a better way is found.
- We enjoy victory and grow from defeat– Freely share the joy of success. When things go wrong, reflect and learn from the experience. Apply the valuable lesson to future opportunities. Never stop learning.
- Direct Reports: Purchasing Assistant
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of Supply Chain experience.
- Read, write, comprehend written, electronic, spoken instructions, memos, correspondence, communicate verbally by phone and electronically in a professional manner in English.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one, large and small group situations to customers, clients, or other employees.
- Compile data into reports and summaries.
- Listen to customer needs and respond with appropriate product proposals to meet those needs.
- Comply with procedures in completing written documentation of sales or calls.
- Compute in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rates, ratios, and percent’s and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Perform mathematical operations using various units of money, weight, volume and distance.
REASONING/ PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
- Work independently to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion.
- Develop positive customer relationships and responds to inquiries or complaints from customers in a proactive manner.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram from and to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Microsoft office and ability to and use all internal business software.
- Communicate verbally and electronically
- Sit for long periods of time
The work location is a traditional office setting located on the second floor with no elevator available. Travel may be necessary. Typical workday attendance will require standard business hours.
At Edlong, we are constantly impressing customers by helping their development teams create delicious products that people enjoy consuming. Nothing is too much trouble for us since we put our customers first every time. Food manufacturers around the world seek us out as the dairy flavors expert, delivering authentic taste, innovation and value. We develop products for beverages, salty and sweet snacks, soups, sauces, dips, desserts, cookies, bakery goods and a lot more. For one hundred years, Edlong has remained hugely passionate about producing flavors that replicate a real dairy taste. Every year we aspire to become better at what we do in order to deliver ‘first to market products’ that are not only on trend, but also ‘trend setting’. Visit our website at www.edlong.com to learn more about us.