Research Associate, Cell and Molecular Biology - 2269
- Expired: May 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
What if you could repair broken genes? That is the question we ask ourselves at Editas Medicine. We’re focused on translating the power and potential of the CRISPR/Cas9 and CRISPR/Cpf1 (also known as Cas12a) genome editing systems into a robust pipeline of medicines for people living with serious diseases around the world. Our goal is to discover, develop, manufacture, and commercialize transformative, durable, precision genomic medicines for many diseases. We’re looking for talented, dedicated, passionate people to join our team and help us pioneer this field and do big, bold things that have never been achieved before. Are you full of hope, possibilities, and a belief that, working together, we can truly revolutionize the development of medicines to help patients around the world? If the answer is yes, then Editas Medicine is the place for you.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Conduct research for the discovery and advancement of novel gene therapy technologies.
- Perform routine cell culture and test discovery candidates in mammalian cell lines.
- Record and report findings in well maintained electronic notebook.
- Advance and innovate on research projects and maintain active involvement in team discussions and presentations.
- Enthusiasm about collaborative problem solving across programs to drive success.
- Regularly execute molecular and cellular analyses: eg. nucleotide isolation followed by analysis, flow cytometry, NGS prep and submission.
Knowledge, Skills & Capabilities:
- Expertise in aseptic cell culture and maintaining mammalian cell lines.
- Experience with kit-based DNA and RNA isolation and subsequent quantification using qPCR, ddPCR, or other PCR-based techniques.
- Familiarity with flow cytometry, fluorescent microscopy, automation, and liquid handlers is desirable, but not required
- Experience with molecular cloning techniques (e.g. restriction cloning, Gibson assembly, site-directed mutagenesis, etc.) and DNA analysis software (e.g. VectorNTI, Geneious, Benchling, SnapGene) is desirable, but not required
- Excellent attention to detail with organizational and record-keeping skills
- Great team spirit and the ability to work with cross functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- B.S., M.S. in Biology or related discipline.
- 2+ years relevant laboratory experience. Background in cellular or molecular biology is preferred.
ScienceView all jobs at Editas Medicine