Edison Properties Winnipeg, MB
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Term: Full-Time Permanent, Monday to Friday Daytime Hours
We are seeking a Maintenance Worker to be a part of our team! You will support the Maintenance Department with a variety of tasks in serving the properties owned and managed by Edison Properties. You will work independently and effectively as a team member in a fast-paced environment, where customer service is of primary importance. Care, respect and professional attitude will be key to success in this role.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair residential appliances and HVAC systems
- Complete minor plumbing maintenance and fixture installation including disconnecting/refitting pipes (ABS & PVC)
- Perform carpentry and drywall work as required
- Identify and perform preventative maintenance tasks as assigned
- Safely operate power tools and equipment as required
- Use of a Smartphone for texting, emailing, and recording work on an app so that purchase orders and work orders are complete and accurate
- Monitor inventory of supplies/tools/equipment
- Ensuring the safety of tenants and co-workers at all times
- Protection of tenant belongings as per Company standards
- Clean-up of work areas after job completion to satisfactory condition (i.e. dust/vacuum)
- Inspect facility and test equipment as required
- May require time commitments outside normal hours of work to accomplish duties during periods of heavy work requirements
- Ongoing participation of an on-call rotation, responding to emergency maintenance requests as needed
- Seasonal snow clearing as assigned
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Two years of related maintenance experience is required
- 5th class Power Engineer would be considered an asset
- Certification or working towards certification in an applicable trade (i.e. HVAC, plumbing) would be considered an asset
- Tile installation experience an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Ability to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Ability to stand or walk all-day
- Ability to work outside year-round in all weather conditions
- Additional physical requirements will include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 11 kilograms and occasional lifting and/or moving up 50 kilograms
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service
We recognize that employee satisfaction is integral to the company’s success and offer a friendly and positive work environment along with competitive pay and benefits that include health, health care spending account, dental, group life, short and long-term disability, and a group DPSP/RRSP matching program. We want work to be a source of pride and personal fulfillment for our staff as they contribute to our joint success.
Applicants can apply with a resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Edison PropertiesWhy Work Here?
Awesome company culture of care and respect, great benefits, and room to grow!
Edison Properties is a property management company that has been in business for over 50 years providing apartments for rent ranging from cozy and comfortable bachelor apartments to luxurious penthouse suites in the Winnipeg market. We have a strong belief in giving back to our community and take pride in providing quality customer service based on a foundation of care, respect, and integrity.
10 Fort StreetWinnipeg, MB
Real EstateView all jobs at Edison Properties