Sr. Analyst, Energy Supply Advisor (Procurement)
- Posted: over a month ago
Edison Energy is the expert independent advisor for commercial, industrial, and institutional energy users, delivering comprehensive, data driven and integrated global energy solutions. We provide a full-suite of sustainability-driven & energy management solutions including specialized delivery of renewables, supply, demand, engineering, portfolio advisory and analytics services, serving market leaders facing an increasingly complex energy environment.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX), Edison Energy combines sophisticated, cloud-based analytics and focused energy advisory services with Edison International’s scale and stability to deliver high-quality services to our clients. Our goal is to leverage our years of experience in traditional power and gas markets, renewable energy and sustainability advisory, and engineering and implementation services to design solutions that empower our clients to build economically sustainable energy portfolios.
This role is a mid-level position within Edison’s Energy Management team.
A primary goal for the Energy Supply Advisory team, which the Procurement Specialist position resides in, is to efficiently and cost effectively procure energy for clients in a way that provides reliable supply while balancing market and volumetric risk while meeting the needs of the client. Development and standardization for client service delivery while maintaining the highest level of accuracy, timeliness and professionalism is expected as well.
The Procurement Specialist will work directly with Energy Advisors, customers and suppliers. This role will be responsible for continuous development and maintenance of the RFP platform and providing a standardized process and output of RFP results. Additionally, this role will be responsible for communicating directly with suppliers and gaining feedback and buy in from them. Part of this role is to be an RFP platform superuser which manages governance authority for the RFP system.
- Actively engage third party energy suppliers to develop and maintain positive relationships
- Understand geographic and personal coverage of suppliers and maintain the RFP platform accordingly.
- Work as an intermediary between IT and Energy Managers to continuously improve the RFP platform to improve efficiencies of the RFP process
- Coordinate with Energy Managers on the timing and evaluation of procurement events on the RFP platform to ensure supply agreements are completed
- Manage the procurement process initiated by Energy Managers
- Train Energy Managers and Suppliers on the Procurement process and use of the RFP platform
- Ongoing ownership of maintenance and governance of the entities and relationships of the RFP platform
- Assist in the development of market intelligence for use in RFP summaries
- Prepare and develop error free analysis of third-party supply offers of energy either through the RFP platform or other method of evaluation
- Follow through on system and document requirements to ensure all components of an RFP are completed within the Platform
- Resolve discrepancies and incomplete responses directly with suppliers
- Special Projects
- Conduct research pertaining to industry, clients, utility tariffs, rate schedules and riders
- Support energy managers with complex supply RFP activities
- Collaborate with internal teams to serve client needs
- Seek operational efficiencies through process development and standardization
- Previous exposure to the energy industry is required with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- In-depth knowledge of various pricing structures of energy supply and the benefits and risks of each structure
- Complete understanding of the Procurement process and the ability to diagnose and correct issues that arise
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Customer service, analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; particularly Microsoft Excel
- Motivated to continually improve processes and tools
- Eager to learn
- Interpersonal skills with ability to communicate both written and verbally in a professional manner
- Aptitude to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and create plan for resolution
- Ability to decipher and process data points from multiple channels
- Ability to look at data from a wholistic standpoint to ensure the end goal of the clients are being met
- Ability to effectively learn and work independently in a remote environment
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Finance, Accounting or Engineering preferred)
- Regular professional, office business setting with the ability to work from home when required
- Noise level ranges from low to moderate (if in office setting)
- Noise level ranges from moderate to high (if on construction worksite)
Benefits for Full-Time Employees:
- Generous Paid Time Off (includes but not limited to Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement, Jury Duty, Sick, Vacation, etc.)
- National Holiday Pay & Float Holidays
- 401(k) Employer Matching
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer 100% Paid Life Insurance Benefits
- Employer 100% Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental (Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits, Cancer/Critical Care, Hospitalization, Accident)
- Parent Company ESPP
- Clean, Air Conditioned, Friendly Working Environment
- Discretionary Bonus Based on Several Factors
- Hybrid remote work schedule
Edison Energy is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national original, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
The Company is now requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, both for safety and business reasons. During the final stage of the interview process you will be required to disclose your COVID vaccination status and provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. The Company will consider requests for exemptions from the vaccination requirement for medical and religious reasons, though not all such requests will necessarily be approved.
NOTE: Edison Energy Group is not the same company as Southern California Edison, the utility, and Edison Energy Group is not regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission.
Edison Energy Group
BusinessView all jobs at Edison Energy Group