Mechanical Engineer (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Edison Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Edison International (NYSE: EIX), provides independent, global advisory solutions to help large corporate, industrial, and institutional clients better understand and navigate the choices and risks of managing energy. Through a portfolio approach, Edison Energy enables decision-makers in organizations to deliver on their strategic, financial and sustainability goals.
Providing a suite of specialized services across sustainability, analytics, renewables, supply, and demand, Edison Energy addresses the three biggest challenges in energy today: cost, carbon, and complex choices.
The Mechanical Engineer – Project Development role is essential for the successful development and implementation of project work in the domain of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) within the Commercial & Industrial and Municipal, University, School and Hospital sectors. Edison’s annual large project volume is building to 8-12 projects annually in the $1 - 15 million and greater in size. The Mechanical Engineer takes direct lead over various projects and aspects of projects and works to implement project goals as directed by the Managing Director, Energy Optimization Project Delivery or other supervisors. This role entails the overall front-end development of renewable (combined heat and power, electrical and mechanical infrastructure, building) projects from concept, to contract, through installation.
Assist the Sr. Engineer – Project Development with the following essential functions:
Pre-Contract Project Development
- Designer identification and screening
- Design scoping and pricing
- Design oversight and direction
- Define permit requirements and AHJ discussions
- RFP development, scoping, standards, scheduling, etc.
- Contractor identification and screening
- Manage bidding process (walk-throughs, questions, information/document coordination)
- Bid scoping and leveling – Contractor interviews to determine best selection for project
- Final pricing – Estimate review
- Provide financial modeling based on energy modeling output
- Coordinate solution with internal and external utility representatives for solution impact
- Research, define and coordinate utility interfacing and permit requirements (interconnect, gas connection, air permitting, etc.)
- Engage in detailed discussions with major equipment vendors regarding preliminary and final selections.
- Provide Rough-Order-Magnitude (ROM) estimates for projects of a variety of construction types
- Seek ballpark pricing from major equipment vendors with preliminary sizing
- Ability to envision the construction process and expected cost impacts of the scope of work
Other Desirable Skills
Edison Energy Group
AddressNew York, NY
ManufacturingView all jobs at Edison Energy Group