EdiPhy Advisors Birmingham, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to help maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. Our IT professionals work with a strong team of physicians, nurses, attorneys and administrators every day. Their experiences makes it possible to rapidly communicate complex and urgent medical information.
The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
- Manage compliance oriented initiatives including a SIEM, vulnerability monitoring, remediation and documentation
- Deploy scalable technologies that increase uptime and user efficiency
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade networks and in house servers
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Monitor, test and deploy updates to meet goals defined within the company’s security and compliance policies
- Support and administer third-party applications
- Ensure network security and connectivity across system platforms
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, , and latency)
- Perform vulnerability testing in order to identify, document and remediate according to company’s security and compliance policies
- Maintain and provision email for corporate users
- Be available and immediately responsive to resolve system issues and problems reported by end users, interfacing between IS and corporate clients
- Assist with defining and documenting network policies, procedures and diagrams
- Maintain data recovery and backup
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration
- Interface between IS staff/systems and corporate clients
- Create and assist in preparing IS presentations reflective of network and system capabilities, security, etc.
- Other duties assigned by IT Director
- 2 years hands on experience in computer related field, such as networking, routing and switching
- Experience with VMware ESXi/Horizon and Microsoft Group Policy, Exchange 2016 and cloud technologies (Azure/365)
- Familiarity with managing iSCSI SANs, Managed Switches and Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Experience with VB.net/HTML and scripting in PowerShell a plus
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- College degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Birmingham, AL 35242 (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Network Administration: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
In a phrase, EdiPhy Advisors stands for EXCELLENCE in COMPLIANCE. Real people available to provide expertise in compliance solutions, education, and practical regulatory guidance. We serve various participants in the healthcare system.
EdiPhy Advisors provides state of the art knowledge-based services to the health care industry to facilitate understanding of, and ethical compliance with, the complex regulatory and administrative requirements in the health care delivery system. Our leadership and staff focus on services designed to enable physicians, hospitals and other participants to achieve their mission of delivery of quality care to the communities they serve. In a phrase, EdiPhy Advisors stands for EXCELLENCE in COMPLIANCE. Real people available to provide expertise in compliance solutions, education, and practical regulatory guidance. We serve various participants in the healthcare system.