Assistant Community Manager
Edgewood Management Corporation provides superior real estate management and Edgewood Management Corporation is a 45 year old, premiere affordable property management company, responsible for 27,000 units in fourteen states and the District of Columbia. Edgewood???s portfolio represents a variety of multifamily products that include high-rise, mid-rise, garden and townhouse style rental units.
Edgewood Management Corporation provides superior management services for a variety of residential properties and has an exceptional track record to resolve problems and reposition troubled assets in all areas: operations, administrative, financial and physical. Edgewood Management Corporation is recognized as the 9th largest manager of Affordable Housing by the National Affordable Housing Management Association and the 50th largest manager by the National Multi-Housing Council.
Our reputation for providing high quality services with integrity has earned us the trust of our clients and our employees. Edgewood Management Corporation offers a supportive environment where employees are encouraged to develop their skills and talents to their fullest potential. Edgewood is always looking for positive, motivated, and hardworking individuals to join our Edgewood Team
The primary responsibility of this position is to fully prepare initial and annual recertification for all residents in full compliance with LIHTC regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain property waiting list
- Coordinate on-site data collections and processing of resident information
- Schedule resident recertification interviews
- Insure proper calculation of income, assets, rent levels, etc
- Coordinate apartment inspections for recertification???s
- Maintain resident files in accordance with company policy & regulatory agency policy
- Assist office staff on other tasks, including collection of rents and social activities
- Assist with the several administrative and leasing tasks
- Perform other duties that may arise
- Requirements: The successful Assistant Community Manager will have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of Property Management Experience a MUST
- Excellent and premiere customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accounts receivable and collections experience a MUST
- Must have two years recertification experience or professional certification such as Certified Occupancy Specialist and any of the industry LIHTC designations required
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently on assignments
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, One-Site Property Management Software and Internet
Edgewood prides itself on offering a competitive salary and extensive, market-competitive health and welfare BENEFITS including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Prescription Drug Program
- Paid Vacation & Holiday
- Paid Personal/ Sick Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid AD& D Insurance
- Company Paid Short- Term
- Company Paid Long-term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Supplemental Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
- Company outings and events
Edgewood Management Corporation is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Members of Team Edgewood enjoy a positive, supportive environment where employees are encouraged to develop their skills and talent to their fullest potential.
At Edgewood, we believe that a well-trained staff is vital to achieving the highest client and customer satisfaction. Training makes our team members the best in their fields. Through Edgewood Vantage University (EVU) we offer the best tools and resources needed to succeed.