Maintenance Technician - Painting, Drywall repair & Plumbing
- Posted: over a month ago
Maintenance Technician (Painting, Drywall repair & Plumbing)
This entry level maintenance technician is responsible for conducting general maintenance and repairs to the property’s structures and common areas, ensuring they are in the best possible condition.
- Strong experience in plumbing and drywall repair a must.
- Hanging, installing, patching, repairing, finishing drywall including texture matching, and painting.
- Assist maintenance team with turns, Service request and the make ready process, to include drywall repairs, trim repairs, exterior doors, among other items
- Basic unit maintenance: Paints, appliance repair, plumbing, electrical fixtures, repairs or replaces old faulty parts; checks locks, replaces burned out light bulbs.
- Aide in preventative Maintenance; Make regular inspections of grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, and major equipment: checks for appearance and cleanliness, checks for structural cracks, excessive wear; and faulty parts. Mow lawn, clean gutters.
- Completes minor structural repairs as needed
- Working experience in hanging, installing, patching, repairing, finishing drywall including texture matching, and painting.
- General knowledge of all aspects of maintenance repair and service
- Rough and finish carpentry skills
- Experienced in operating a variety of equipment, including snow blowers, lawn mowers, and small hand tools
- Basic knowledge of repair to common appliances, and devices
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent manual dexterity and problem-solving skills
High school diploma, GED or Equivalent. This position requires the ability to read and write English fluently, accurately perform intermediate mathematical functions and understand and perform all on-site resident management software functions.
A minimum of three years’ experience Drywall/sheetrock repair and painting. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to speak to tenants and maintain good working relations with other staff members, tenants, and supervisor as well as any contract laborers working on the property.
The position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to the property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when requested. The position requires the ability to serve on-call, as scheduled or as necessary. Travel may be required at times to attend various owner gatherings either in the general vicinity of the associates home property, or in another state. You must also be able to attend certain resident events that are held after hours.
Basic computer/Internet knowledge
Must be capable of physically accessing all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities, push, pull, lift, carry or maneuver weights of up to 50lbs. independently and 100 lbs. with assistance.
Learning & Development
Maintain a commitment to ongoing personal development and career growth though career path activities provided through the corporate office and external sources as needed.
Edgewood prides itself on offering a competitive salary and extensive, market-competitive health and welfare BENEFITS
Medical, Dental & Vision
Prescription Drug Program
Paid Vacation & Holiday
Paid Personal/ Sick Leave
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid AD& D Insurance
Company Paid Short- Term
Company Paid Long-term Disability
Supplemental Life Insurance
Dependent Supplemental Life Insurance
Retirement Savings Plan with company matching
Company outings and events
Edgewood Management Corporation is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Edgewood Management Corporation
Real EstateView all jobs at Edgewood Management Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?