Technical Support Analyst
Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc. Carlsbad, NM
- Expired: June 03, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services and timely delivery. Edgewater Federal Solutions is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 270001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018 and 2019.
Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Support Analyst to provide support to the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant contract located in Carlsbad, NM.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and help our customers install applications and programs.
- Resolving network issues, configuring operating systems and using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support.
- Provide remote or desk side computer support to users
- Answer phone calls, log tickets, provide problem resolution
- Work within team environment to resolve problems
- Manage multifunction devices
- Manage Active Directory and Group Policy Objects
- Manage VMware VDI environment – VMware Horizon
- Manage and maintain Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) systems and integration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in help desk environment
- Attention to detail and strong interpersonal, communication, training, and organizational skills, and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness; ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Interpersonal skills; such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of desktop/laptop technical issues
- Must be well organized, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage small projects from concept to production
- Must be a highly self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality
- Must be eligible to obtain and retain an HSPD12 Credential.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business Information Systems, or Management of Information Systems or Associate’s degree with at least two years of IT experience
- Experience with Enterprise Windows operating systems and office suites, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies and management and control techniques
- Knowledge of VMware technologies and deployments
- Experience with Microsoft imaging and deployment techniques
- Knowledge and applicability of NIST STIGS within government systems
- CompTIA A+, Net +, Sec + Certifications
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law.