- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Edgewater is seeking a DevOps Engineer to support a major national laboratory. You will perform configuration management, testing of complex software engineering infrastructure. You will employ systems-level thinking to plan, develop, and execute the implementation of solutions in the areas of cloud computing, security architecture, software architecture and network engineering. To achieve this, you will need two years of relevant experience and experience in problem identification, root cause analysis, and solving.
Primarily responsibilities will include research and development of a state-of-the-art Linux build, integration, and test environment that enables the development of sophisticated, real-time decision support systems that support remote sensing, data acquisition, and analysis applications.
- Configuration management, testing and user support of complex software engineering infrastructures that are utilized by multiple code development teams
- Working collectively with architects, developers, technical leads, customers, tactical partners, and end users to collect requirements, design solutions, and deliver extensible software applications
- Providing to a deeply rewarding mission through engagement with diverse computer science specialists and specialists in areas like data fusion, signal and image processing, analytics, cloud computing, architectures, and data management and visualization
- Associate's degree plus 2 years of relevant experience, in lieu of an Associate's degree an additional 3 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience as a Linux System Programmer or Linux Distribution Package Maintainer
- Experience in problem identification, root cause analysis, and solving
- The ability to acquire and maintain a DOE Q level security clearance and SCI-level clearance, which may require a polygraph test
- Active DOE Q and SCI security clearances (You do not have to have one to start, just be eligible)
- A Bachelor's degree in relevant field plus five (5) or more years of experience
- Experience in Git source code management
- Experience in multi-language build system (C++, Java, Python)
- Experience in Python and Bash scripting languages
- Experience working with Open-Source communities
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Puppet
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Knowledge of build automation tools (CMake, Autotools, Maven, Gradle, and Jenkins)
- Familiar with DevOps and CI/CD practices.
- Current Security+ or higher certification
- Experience researching, evaluating, and recommending technologies to improve current system
- Consistent record working on a multifaceted, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team
Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services and timely delivery. Edgewater Federal Solutions is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 270001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018 through 2022.
It is the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, as a condition of employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated. An employee is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or one week after receiving a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. All newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law.
Edgewater Federal Solutions
TechnologyView all jobs at Edgewater Federal Solutions
Get fresh Devops Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.