- Per Diem
Edgewater Federal Solutions is currently seeking an Accounting Specialist to provide support to Edgewater Federal Solutions located in Frederick, MD. This position can be performed remotely.Responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for training all Edgewater new hired employees on how to use our time and expense Unanet system and review on an annual basis. Training involves power points, speaking, and recording demos to assist employees with the material.
- Will be responsible for conducting DCAA audit monthly floor checks with randomly selected employees.
- Will be the business process owner for our DCAA awareness program, along with maintaining, updating the policy and all training materials.
- Will be responsible for assisting new program managers on how to run and pin reports to their dashboards in Unanet.
- Will be responsible for training new employees on policies regarding corporate credit cards and maintaining/updating our policy.
- Will be responsible for training all new employees who travel for the first time and on an annual basis on our travel policies, how to properly collect receipts and back up documentation, and ensure all travel arrangements are in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR).
- Responsible for arranging/assisting with airfare, lodging, rental and all other travel related activities secured with reservations and bookings for all employees at Edgewater Federal Solutions.
- Ensure expense reports related to travel are accurate and have the appropriate backup and receipts required for billing the appropriate government agency.
- Work with the accounting team to ensure all costs are accounted for and billed to the appropriate project/contract. Ensure per-diem rates and mileage rates are updated on a timely basis within the accounting system as they are updated with the government.
- Providing excellent customer service and follow-up with Edgewater employees and customers.
- Provide documentation, back up and justification relating to travel matters during audits.
- Ability to step in and assist the accounting department during contract awards and implementations.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and unexpected projects on time.
- Must have high-level interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Bachelor’s degree
Nice to have but not required:
- Experience with US Government Contracting Industry.
- Knowledgeable in DCAA & JTR compliance and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services, and timely delivery. Edgewater Federal Solutions is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 270001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018 through 2023.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law. #LI-HH1
Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc.Frederick, MD
Finance and InsuranceView All Edgewater Federal Solutions, Inc. Jobs
Get fresh Accounting Associate jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.