Cloud System Architect
Edgesource Alexandria, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires the ability to secure a security clearance of Secret level. A Cloud System Architect manages cloud architectures and technical position in cloud environments. A Cloud System Architect will play a strategic role in maintaining all cloud systems including the front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks. The position provides a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience designing, and transferring applications to the cloud. The position will require a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share the knowledge.
Minimum Education Required:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
- Ten (10) years of related professional experience
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Strong experience as a Cloud Architect working with multiple Cloud solutions such as AWS, Microsoft or similar PAS/SAAS solutions with different security concerns.
- Knowledge and production experience in designing, deploying and administering complex cloud applications
- Demonstrated Experience working with Source Control and configuration management tools and processes Such as DEVOPS or any similar software
- Experience implementing different authentication methods, such as Single Sign-On via Active Directory, two-factor authentication, ADFS, SAML and OAuth 2.0
- Expert knowledge on monitoring and improving system performance including tuning, application profiling, code scanning tools and experience facilitating code reviews
- Expert knowledge of Relational Databases and creating stored procedures. Able to produce Entity-Relationship Diagrams with normalized data structures.
- Experience developing, troubleshooting, and deploying database T-SQL scripts.
- Demonstrated experience writing well designed, testable, efficient code on time and with high quality.
- Experience troubleshooting production problems related to software applications.
- Experience reverse engineering software
- Demonstrated Experience debugging REST API's and other HTTP services
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud reports to management and other IT development partners.
- Experience working with CRM software such as Salesforce, ServiceNow or Microsoft
- Dynamics, is not required but is highly desirable
- Evaluate enterprise wide applications already in place. Create diagrams representing current application designs, data architecture and flows.
- Evaluate cloud applications, platforms, infrastructures and standards in order to align with current and future business strategies.
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adoption process.
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of FSI.
- Define, evaluate, review, plan, and implement enterprise wide cloud/non cloud solutions, engineering applications and data structures; efficient data access designs and formats.
- Adapt to changing business needs, provide accurate and consistent data, implementing organizational data sharing while maintaining affordable costs
- Envision solutions to complex problems and be able to explain and demonstrate them to technical and non-technical audiences
- Implement maintain and update application source control, software build definitions, versioning and deployment utilizing the latest tools and best practices
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the organization cloud privacy.
- Respond to technical issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Offer guidance in infrastructure movement techniques including bulk application transfers into the cloud and On-Premise vs Cloud application integration.
- Architect secure and robust solutions with regional disaster recovery in mind
- Identify problems and recommend solutions using evidence-based, data driven analysis.
- Produce estimates and lead the execution of approved work streams and tasks.
- Document systems, SOPs and best practices for software developers, QA, DB Admins and other engineers.
- Enforce change management processes in each environment
- Act as technical team leader on project. collaborate, guide and mentor other programmers and team members to design and implement features.
- Facilitate change control, problem management, and communication among programmers and analysts.
Shift: -not applicable-
Position: Data Architect
Number of Openings: 1
Req Number: INF-20-00018
Open Date: 9/22/2020
About the Organization: Edgesource Corporation is a leading small business providing information technology and business consulting services to the federal government. We are a stable, growing business offering excellent growth potential for business minded professionals.
TechnologyView all jobs at Edgesource