Early Childhood Infant Teacher
Edgemoor Community Center Inc Wilmington, DE
- Posted: over a month ago
- $11 to $13 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental, life insurance
REPORTS TO: Director & Asst. Director of Childcare
Provides for the daily care of children enrolled in ECC’s child care program including the assisted planning, safety, preparation, feeding, leisure-time, developmental, education and care activities.
Assistant Teacher QUALIFICATIONS:
- Age Requirement: Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must meet Delacare qualifications/requirements as established by the Office of Childcare Licensing - State of Delaware Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families.
- Must obtain certification in first aid, CPR, and Administration of Medication within three months of starting date of employment with ECC and maintain current certifications in each, throughout employment.
- Education Requirement: High school degree or its equivalent AND one of options below:
OPTION A - TECE 1
OPTION B - Valid CDA
OPTION C - Delaware Department of Labor's Early Childhood Apprenticeship Program
OPTION D - Three (3) college credits
OPTION E - Vocational/technical high school three year early childhood education program
OPTION F - Montessori Infant and Toddler Full/Associate Credential OR Montessori Early Childhood Full/Associate Credential
OPTION G - Successful completion of a one year early childhood diploma program from a two year college
OPTION H - Associate degree AND three college/university credits in child development or early childhood
OPTION I - Bachelor's degree AND three college/university credits in child development or early childhood
- Experience Requirement: Minimum twelve (12) months experience working with children preschool age or younger in a group setting
Assistant Teacher Requirements:
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds several times each day.
- Effective communication skills.
- Be able to withstand reasonable fluctuations in temperature in response to seasonal weather changes.
- Be able to project one's voice level in order to be heard above reasonable noise levels.
- Be able to read and write the English language.
Infant Teacher RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Consistently arrive to work as scheduled.
- Must be well organized to handle various infant schedules.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Teacher will develop and implement a weekly lesson plan which consists of age-appropriate activities and teaching strategies in accordance with the program's curriculum, philosophies and practices.
- Teacher will make program adaptations in response to the individual interests, abilities, and special needs of the children, with appropriate recognition of cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Teacher will serve as a positive influence in the character development of each program participant by modeling appropriate behavior.
- Teacher will implement daily program operations to include, but not limited to, planning and preparation of the learning environment, setting up learning centers, preparation of needed materials and supplies, and preparation of morning and afternoon snack in accordance with the guidelines of the Child Care Program.
- Flexible working schedule
- Full health and dental
- Generous PTO
- 8 Paid Holidays
Edgemoor Community Center IncWhy Work Here?
We are a 5 STAR program. We have received the Governor's Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval for Consumer Protection Standards.
We are a STAR 5 facility and have many wonderful opportunities for growth and learning. We are flexible. We have high professional expectations. We serve the surrounding community in many ways.
510 Duncan RoadWilmington, DE