- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
- 3 years+ experience in a professional or educational setting with proven skills, knowledge and ability in the technology and digital communications field.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of: project management, strategic operational management, risk management, content management, enterprise management, negotiation and collaboration with outside vendors, networks, databases, web design, and quality assurance processes.
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Oracle APEX, integration tools (such as Talend), reporting tools such as Tableau strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of RDBMS concepts, structured and object-oriented programming principles, system analysis techniques, and system design. Understanding of database file/table structure, report generation, data extract and load for databases such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- The Strong understanding of operating systems commands, file and directory structure, system configuration, and MS Windows. Understanding of common office applications for word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience with administrative applications for Parking and Security preferred: T2 Parking Solutions including Flex, FlexPort, AutoCount and IRIS; Genetec AutoVu; Lenel OnGuard security/access; ARMS Records Management; Rave Emergency Notification System. Familiarity with other Higher Education enterprise applications a plus: Ellucian Banner, Blackboard Transact, Oracle E-Business Suite, and StarRez.
- Ability to write concise and cogent business communications, reports, and system/user documentation. Strong technical, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to build relationships, collaborate, and communicate effectively. Ability to work within a team environment.
- Effective project planning and project management skills, as well as the ability to coordinate multiple projects over extended periods.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills, evidenced by preparing digital communications geared toward college students.
- Demonstrated computer competency.
- Application support experience
- Coordinate with vendor and IT to fix things.
- SQL and PL SQL is important
- Tableau reporting is a nice to have.
- Programming experience is a nice to have
- T2 and Lenel OnGuard experience are important to have
- This is an onsite position on campus near LAX.